Chapter 6

—Jughead POV—

I wake up on my back. I look down at my lap, I see long raven hair spread across it. I check the time on my phone, it's twelve o'clock.

"Ronnie." I feel her head shift on my lap. "Veronica."

"Jughead."

"Get up." She groans. "Why?"

"Because I said so." I tap her thigh twice. She breathes in and gets up. She heads for the bathroom. I leave my room. I enter the kitchen, I grab a bag of pretzels and walk into my room again.

I see Veronica rapidly looking through my room. She's looking under the bed, under the pillows, in my closet. "What are you doing?"

She jumps a little when I speak. "I can't find my shirt." I give her an unamused look and sigh.

"I handed it to you yesterday."

"I know and I don't remember where I put it." I sigh and groan.

"At this point you should wear nothing over here." She laughs at my statement. I start helping her look for her shirt.

We search for about twenty more minutes and still can't find it. "Forget it, just wear the one shirt of mine that you had on yesterday." She nods her head and walks into my closet.

She walks out in my shirt. She lays down on my bed and goes on her phone. I'm getting a call from Cheryl. I answer and I can hear music in the background.

"Jughead."

"Yes."

"Is Veronica with you?"

"Yes." Cheryl smiles at my response.

"Wonderful, since it's the first Saturday of the school year I'm hosting a party!" I cringe at her sentence.

"I don't know Cheryl, based on last year that's not the best idea."

"It's not my fault you got drunk and hooked up with Chuck." Veronica squints her eyebrows and looks at me. I avoid making eye contact with her.

"Fine, we'll be there."

"Great, don't wear anything boring."

"Okay Cheryl." She hangs up the phone. Veronica looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"So you were drunk when it happened?"

"Yes." I look down at my lap to avoid eye contact.

"Why didn't you tell Betty that? I'm sure she would understand." I narrow my eyes, I shake my head at her and chuckle.

"No she wouldn't." She rolls her eyes at me and goes into the bathroom.

<<<>>>

"What should I wear?" Veronica holds up one pink two piece and one purple dress.

"The pink one." She smiles at me.

"Thank you." She takes off my shirt and throws it on the ground.

"Give that to me, you're going to lose it." I reach out my hand and take my shirt.