Chapter 1

—three years ago—
Jugheads POV:

"I need you and Veronica to come down stairs."

"Okay." I said that very cautiously because my mom had a worried look on her face.

As I walk up the stairs to get Veronica, this unfriendly feeling occurs in my stomach.

"My mom wants you downstairs." I say as I open the door to my room.

"Okay."

As Veronica and I are walking down the stairs she turns to me and asks "What did she need to tell us?" I look at her and shrug.

We reach downstairs and my mom is staring at the floor. She looks up at us and takes a huge breath.

"What did you need us down here for?"

"Jughead." My mom narrows her eyes at me. "We're moving." Those words just stabbed me one hundred times. Immediate tears fall out my eyes and my breathing gets heavy.

"We're moving?" My mom faintly shook her head in a yes direction.

"To where?" I could hear the sour in Veronica's voice. She was upset.

"A small town named Riverdale." My mom answered.

"Is it in New York?" I ask hopeful my mom will answer with yes.

"Well no, it's out of state. You two can still keep in contact. On your phones." Veronica and I made a quick eye contact. I'm gonna be states away from Veronica for who knows how long.

"When are you guys leaving?" Veronica said with  her voice breaking. The tears were falling out of her eyes rapidly. Every time she would wipe them away so that she could see better, they would return and make her vision blurry again.

"Close to the start of school. You guys will have all of summer together." My mom said that trying to brighten the situation but Veronica and I were too devastated to respond.

—three weeks ago—
Jugheads POV:

"Wait, get off paused I wanna tell you something." She sounds happy. I get off paused and see Veronica smiling.

"What?" I say with a smile. Veronica starts doing a little happy dance but hasn't told me anything yet.

"What?" I say again trying to get her to say whatever she needed to tell me.

"I'm moving to Riverdale!" She practically screamed those words at me. My eyes get wide and I start screaming with her.

"OMG! You're moving here!" I say matching her excitement.

"When are you moving?" I asked.

"In a couple of weeks. I'm so excited!"

She soon flooded me with questions about what Riverdale is like.

"Goodbye I have a date tonight with Betty. I love you and I can't wait to see you!" I say that as I hang up the phone and head downstairs.

—present time—
Jugheads POV:

"Juggie!" Betty runs up to me in excitement and gives me a hug.

"Hi babe." I give her a kiss and we walk into Pops diner. We take a booth and Betty starts talking about how excited she is for school to start.

As I'm about to reply I hear the bell jingle. Every time I hear someone walk into Pops I always look to see who it is, if I haven't met them before I study them and try to guess what type of person they are.