True Twins

Black Shonen-Beginnings:

The True Twins

Isaac True

Johnnie Sr. stared at the tube of green liquid, holding the developing embryo within. The scientist smiled at his work; Soon his barren lover would have a child of her own. A child that could protect her when The Old Man wasn't around. Was it wrong to trick such a woman who couldn't have a child without him? This woman's one dream would have been diminished if they never met. No, he loved Bridget Lock and would do anything to see that brown face smile. To see her carrying her child and share that warmth of motherhood, she deserved it! So the mad man went on with his experiments and his lover wouldn't know until years later.

***

Ten Years Later...

Bridget Lock walked down the streets of her hometown, The Jungle. Bridget's companion was her ten-year-old son Isaac True. The hometown of the woman was a place that had made itself one with nature. The houses were made out of large trees, and some stood several feet in the sky held by extremely strong branches, and some houses looked like they had grown out of the ground themselves. The smaller trees served as apartments and everywhere people had become fused with nature, growing food, adopting light livestock, and learning how to live off the earth. The Jungle was a mostly peaceful place, however, new faces were slowly showing up.

It was late when Bridget and Isaac had come home from the grocery store to get some items that weren't grown in The Jungle. The young woman could just see the large autumn leaves of her apartments when several men got in their way.

"Hey, it's a Saturday night." One of the men said, he was a fair skinned man with scraggly blond hair, "You look like your tryna party?"

"No," Bridget Lock said, "I got to get home to my mother and feed my Boo Boo," the woman looked down at her child, "We lost time at the grocery store, didn't we Isaac?"

Isaac looked up at his mother and held her hand tightly with a nod, "Now it's time for dinner and video games."

"Oh look at that." Said one of the other men with a green jacket, "I play games too."

"Well, that's great." Bridget said with a smile and a tug of Isaac's hand, "But we have to go."

"Hey," Said the man in the green jacket; "I want to play some games with you."

"You play games with a controller." Isaac blurted.

The other man grabbed the boy's shoulder, "Hey talk to me while my friend talks to your mom."

"I don't know you." Isaac said, tearing himself away from the man, "My dad said don't talk to strangers and kick their butt if they mess with your mom!"

Bridget's right fist clobbered the man in the green jacket; he went down with a smack on the ground.

"Hey, bitch." Said the other man.

The man choked Bridget, slamming her on the ground, "fucking slut, you could have taken your child home and have some fun with us, know I'm about to have some fun with you."

"LEAVE MY MOM ALONE!"

Bridget Lock and her attacker could hardly believe what they saw. Magenta veins had covered Isaac's body, the boy's eyes burned bright and fire and lightning swirled around his frame, like a protective pet. With a scream, the boy threw up his hands, magenta energy burst from his body, and blinded everyone in a brilliant explosion.