The Scrub-Dogs

Black Shonen-Beginnings:

The Scrub-Dogs

Sol and Luna Pepper

Chad Rockwell tweaked his head and easily dodged a fist filled with red energy, "C'mon Sol!"

With irritated anger, Sol jumped and performed a roundhouse, but Chad grabbed her foot," You haven't learned to fully control your ability."

Chad easily threw Sol. The redhead slid on the ground feeling her skin scrape against the force. Chad turned to the left and gave a punch to Luna Pepper. Luna swirled and dodged the attack and tried a kick to the ribs, but Chad leaped, landing behind Luna and putting his arm around her. The two fighters smiled, Sol didn't like it. Chad and Luna unlocked, for the girl to give a spinning kick, with her foot surrounded by light blue energy.

"Good Luna." Chad complimented.

Chad Rockwell leaped forward with a kick and Luna ducked. The man came to halt at Sol and gave an uppercut to the girl's chest, "Keep your eyes open!" Chad sighed, running his hands through his short brown hair, "I think training is done today," the man's eyes focused on the thirteen-year-old Luna Pepper, "Luna would you come in the back with me?"

Sol saw as her pale sister's eyes lit up with appreciation, the shy Luna clamped her hands together and stood on her tippy toes, "Yes, I love your pointers." Luna looked back at Sol, "See you in the cafeteria?"

Sol nodded.

Sol knew what was going down between Luna and Chad and it was wrong, but Luna was blinded by the man's handsome demeanor, it was nothing Sol could do about it, "Yeah sis, see ya."

Sol walked down the stairs of The Enlightenment's Headquarters alone, wondering if her sister was okay. Chad was manipulating Luna, grooming her, it was disgusting. Every time Sol walked to the cafeteria alone she became disgusted with herself, but what could she do? The Enlightenment was their home, taught them how to fight, and gain some control over their unnatural skill set. Sol knew she only had herself to rely on, her parents most likely dead; She had to be the one to watch out for Luna.

"Where's you're too white sister?" Said Rachel, sitting across the table from Sol.

Sol looked at Rachel and shook her head, what did this bitch want? "She's getting extra training with Chad."

Rachel giggled, "Yeah, Chad gives me extra lessons too, I'm usually so sore after."

Sol's crimson eyes locked with Rachel.

"What?" Rachel shrugged, "He's good at what he does."

"He's sick." Sol whispered.

Rachel leaned in close to Sol, "Wish you were in Luna's place?"

Sol imagined punching Rachel until her face was very far from the pretty visage it held but all she could say was, "I'd rather have my clitoris burned off."

"Oh look at me." Rachel teased, "I'm tough Sol pepper, I don't let anyone in and think I'm such a badass."

Sol hated people like Rachel. People who use their bodies and looks to get what they want. What merit did she serve, living a life like that? How could she look in the mirror knowing the only reason she is where she is, is because of her body. Not her skill set, not her personality, and not her fighting ability. Rachel got what she wanted just because she was pretty. Bullshit Sol thought.