.⠀۟⠀。 select; chapter 8 .⠀۟⠀。

·˚ ♡⸝⸝

          you looked at your watch, a whole 10 minutes before your next class. but instead of taking your time to walk, you found yourself rushing. minutes aren't supposed to be wasted, you supposed that was the reason.

         with all the rush, you had to take a turn to where the classroom is. now your too focused face bumped into someone—unlike last time, this one was quite at your height. you apologized rushing, but the rushing stopped once you saw who it was. a girl with bandages plastered on her face, blonde locks and her expression shows seriousness—definitely not in the mood.

          apologizing ruthfully again, trying not to anger her after you just bumped her. her appearance showed as if she was bullied, her blouse had dirt marks, knees even bruised. you were upset on what was right in front of you, you swore on motherly earth who did this to her.

          "are you okay?" you mumbled, showing pity for the female. her sharp gaze fell onto you, it was threatening—but you tried not to panic or be frightened that much.

         she looked away from you after realizing you were sincere, clearly trying avoid answering your question—since the answer was obvious. she was a bit guilty for shooting a glare. you slapped yourself imaginatively in your head. why would you ask such obvious question when it was already showed in front of you, her appearance and her mood—it clearly showed. you added more beating to yourself once you realized the more insensitive you get.

          instead of adding more cursing and beating, you tried to asked her another question. "who did this to you?" you said in the most soothing tone.

         she was almost in tears, it must have been terrible. what they did was absolutely terrible. anger boiled into your blood, taking small breathes before you could look for them and beat them up instead of being in class.

          remembering something from the show, she basically loves feminine things—truly showing that she's a maiden from heart. she then even suggested to yuzuriha after making a whole hemp of cloth to color it different colors—in the arc of finding the sagara oil field.

         you took out a charm you got from a drink you bought from yesterday, smiling on how cute it was. it was a small sunflower keychain, you were sure she'd definitely like something like that. you took out her hand, startling her for a bit—but she let you be, your hands were gentle enough to shove it away.

          her eyes widened and you placed the keychain on her palms, closing it at the process. you shot her a smile, "you're a great person, okay? don't let anyone back you down!" you cheered her up, holding her hands with much encouragement.

          you checked the time again, 5 more minutes 'til class starts. you walked pass her and waved from behind. "see you around, nikki-chan!" you waved last time, smiling as you see her face lightens up—still not smiling though, more confused.

          the sounds of your loud footsteps echoed throughout the hallways, shows less persons passing by. it was a part of the school where you didn't know, now realizing it was quite bigger than your real one.

          it really wasn't a basic high school just like before, it had more clubs and classrooms. the glass weren't even transparent, you couldn't see the other side—that was one of those fancy windows that were mirror-like in bigger schools. some rooms didn't have door knobs or sliding--doors but it was glass doors. GLASS DOORS?! just how far could this school can go.

         you asked the universe how'd you even get in, "this world is much extraordinary than i thought it was." you ran in circles, observing every obstacles you encountered. you've underestimated the possibilities in this world. although you thought it would be insane, you never thought it would be this amazing. but now it felt like you'd feel great living here forever.