.⠀۟⠀。 grocery; chapter 12 .⠀۟⠀。

·˚ ♡⸝⸝

        it was still afternoon, you were checking through cabinets. all of it was empty, you were already out of supplies, with much disappointment with yourself. you changed into a formal attire, walking out of the apartment. 

        the next door was silent, "i wonder where ukyo is." out of curiosity, you knocked through the door. although you waited for a while, no one opened it. "he might be out." you thought, tapping your shoes, wishing that someone would open the door eventually. still there weren't. 

        you sighed, now walking towards where the stairs is. 

— 

        after taking the bus, it lead you to where you were supposed to be. THE GROCERY STORE! 

        it was loaded with people, of course it was still sunday. there would be a lot of people shopping on a weekend. 

        you took out your phone, hoping that luna or kohaku would join you. while clicking the sides of your phone you then realized you should have told them earlier, but all your rattling made you forget. with phone screen still off, you placed it back to your pockets. "i guess it's just me." 

         mostly the isles were filled with different people, having to squeeze through them so that you could reach to the stalls and cabinets of goods. children were sitting inside the shopping carts, some have been crushed through the loaded ones, kind of feeling sorry for them. some couple were arguing between two items, the girl groaned still holding up whilst the boy suggest the healthier one. others just walked peacefully, minding their own business. 

        you reached through the cabinet of canned food, unfortunately you had to look up to the brand of your choice. it was above, too high for you to reach. 

        not caring about the people would pass by, you jumped, climbed and stretched to it, doing whatever you could do so you could miraculously reach it. frustrated about your height that couldn't even reach a top shelf. 

         [y/n] was still stretching her arms to something above a cabinet, the small figure was still attempting to reach something. eventually, out of pity, someone approached her. someone quite taller than her, and also someone she knew. having [y/n] to be distracted by the person going near her, she was only too focused on her goal. he then reached it out without much struggle.

         his white hair was placed down, the familiar face looked through the item he picked from above. you settled down, sound of shoes across the hall was audible. the boy turned his head towards the person next to him. "here you go, senpai." he passed it to you without eye contact.

        "you're hyoga-kun, right?" you asked a dumb question, although you knew the person who was even a part of the cycle of killing in the show. you had to watch him stab someone there, really pissed at him before reading the manga. "yes." he gave out a small response. moreover, you had to be polite, he really did help you. you then flashed him a small smile, "thank you very much." 

        moving on to the next cabinet, you whined. the last box of cereal could again be seen at the top. still very far to reach for you, you then heard a sigh from behind. "you're going to follow me around now?" you jokingly say as you place the cereal box to your cart after he had passed it again to you.

        "it's because you lack height." he joked back, laughing afterwards. "wow, it's not my fault. at least i'm not like a tall birch tree." hyoga laughed at your remark, making you roll your eyes. instead of just standing, you pushed the cart to a different isle. his footsteps from behind followed you and now walking beside, tagging along.

        basically both of you shopped together, picking the supplies and placing it in carts—obviously different carts. afterwards, walking outside of the store. you bowed to him, thanking him respectfully for accompanying you. "well you are one of my seniors. it's not a problem. see you in monday." he walked away after he uttered quickly. 

         you smiled, his figure was already gone. one of your hands curled under your chin, resting your head. "hmm, maybe he's not that bad." 

      at last, you finally reached home, carrying the paper bags that were in your hands. light from buildings or houses glowed through their windows, the insides weren't visible--it's not like it was required to peek anyways.

       you were cautious about your surroundings, it was already dark. passing cars through the highways were loud, it was once in a while where it was noisy. despite the quite heavy bags you were carrying, you focused the flashlight from your phone to the dark ways. 

        eventually, the apartment was already in front of you. since your feet was already tired, instead of rushing up to your door, weak legs were already sitting down on the cold tiled staircase. 

        a bus stopped on the sideways, someone then walked out it, stepping to each block of the bus stair. his headphones were still covering his ears, music was playing to the insides of his eardrums. he gave out small hums every now and then, walking towards his apartment building.

         a little frightened, he noticed a figure sitting down the stairs, inhaling and exhaling the cold air. with much relief, he realized it was only his neighbor. there were paper bags placed next to her, blocking the way. her head laid to the wall, her eyes were closed. her appearance showed pure exhaustment, draining energy all over her body.

         "[y/n], you'll get a cold..." warm hands fondled your hair, the action made you open your eyes and look up to see who it was. in front of her was ukyo, he was holding a side of his headphones, taking it out his face brightened up with a smile. 

         tiredness took over you for a second there, with one hand to your mouth, you yawned. moving the bags out of the way, setting it above your thighs, so that ukyo could walk up. rather, he sat beside you instead of doing that. out of exhaustment that could also be seen at his face, he placed his head on to your shoulder.

         it made your heart flutter. glancing over to him who was spacing out, eyes to the floor. "ukyo, you'll also get a cold..." you caressed your hands to his back slowly, a smile could be seen in his face. "yes, yes. let's go" he responded, standing up and adjusting his jacket. 

         footsteps echoed through the stairwell, that assured them that they were definitely the only ones on this floor. lights were steady, not like those in horror movies where it flickers. "where were you off to?" hands held to the railing as you asked. "training." his response was short, kind of looking upset. 

        with much concern, you wanted to comfort him. "is everything alright?" 

        "sort of." another short response, not wanting to bring up that topic. you faced him, stopping for a second, "are you sure?" he then gave out a sigh, "just a little pressure, not much of a big deal." hence everything, you realized he was stressing out his best to everything, it had already been a month since you've been here and little by little you noticed. everyday you would be earlier finishing your clubs, you would wait for him and watch him practice archery. he would also be outstanding in classes, pointing out and correcting you whenever you answered wrong. his head would be fixed in books, noting out the contents of it. 

          "remember when we were out in the rain?" you couldn't help but smile at the memory, "you're also just a kid you know?" pausing, you walked over to him. "you're doing your best." you slid your arms over to his, hugging him. 

          that alone made ukyo feel lighter, tears suddenly formed on to his eyes. embracing back the girl right in front of him made him feel comfort. both hearts were fluttering in sync, the sound of hearts beating could be heard through his ears. 

          "thank you, [y/n]" 

 [a/n]

so like about hyoga, uhh yes