02. JJ

"Dad, I'll be fine, Sarah can help me unpack everything," Hayley was annoyed with her father, he was pretending to care about her so she wouldn't be mad, but she was furious and nothing could stop her anger, maybe a certain boy, but she tried to avoid him, not wanting to break down in front of him.

"So, you were here since you were 14?" Sarah asks, smiling. "Yeah, didn't actually think we would move here," It was true, Hayley's parents got divorced, and because her mother couldn't get costudy -because she barely could pay rent- she was forced to live with her dad.

Of course her father decided to move her all the way to Outer Banks with his new girlfriend, who he had known for only 6 months. She was happy that she could see JJ again, she was happy that maybe they could actually get together, but she was also afraid he might have lost interest in her, that he didn't wanted her anymore, that he'd found someone else.

So when her and Sarah were done unpacking they said goodbye, Sarah telling her she could come with her and her boyfriend Topper, but she friendly declined, only wanting to see her friends.

She ran as fast as she could towards the spot they always met. You'd think in so many years you'd get each others number, but they don't. Hayley mentally reminded herself to ask him his number. Just because they life in the middle of no where doesn't mean they don't have phones.

Something about the way the waves were clutching against the rocks made her think about her ex boyfriend. After he found out she was going to move, he cheated on her, with the girl she absolutely loathed. Her best friend betrayed her by dumping her too, blocking her number, making fun of her at school, pretending 7 years of friendship meant nothing.

Thinking about all the memories made her sad, so incredibly sad, she was sad JJ wasn't there to comfort her, she was sad that they didn't try harder, and she was sad JJ wasn't here yet, maybe he'd forgotten.

When the sun started to lower itself under the sea she gave up hope. All her emotions that were cropped up inside came out like vomit. She cried, a lot. Her breakdown caused a few eyes to stare, but she didn't care, she wanted to go back to when they were 14, to when they were together and happy, when she didn't have to worry about stupid things like boyfriends and betraying best friend.

Then her mind drifted off, maybe JJ betrayed her too, the idea of hanging out with a 'kook' was probably disgusting them, but they couldn't know she moved here, or maybe news spreads fast. She didn't even wanted to know anymore. She just wanted comfort, a kind of comfort only JJ could provide her, and even he wasn't there to give it.

JJ, John B, Pope and Kiara were indeed distracted, but not by some meaningless girl, but by talking about Hayley. "Are you sure its her?" John B asked, looking confused at Pope.

"Yeah, my dad's assignment was their house, and her dad paid a shit load of money," JJ sighed, if Hayley got used to the Kook life there was no way she would hang out with them anymore. Hayley knew about the Pogues and Kooks, she always said that she didn't really understand, and that she thought it was just like Riverdale, why she would refer to the most horrible TV show ever was a question he didn't wanted the answer too.

"Well, I already saw her with Sarah," He looks down and Kie sighs. "She's a Kook?" Kie said in full disgust, making JJ sigh annoyed. "She isn't like that, come on guys we've known this girl for over 2 years now, just because she is a Kook doesn't mean she's actually a Kook," Kie nodded, still in suspicion of the new girl.

"Wait, you said you saw her with Sarah? That means she's already here right?" JJ asks and Pope nods. "Shit, what time is it?" No one answers for a second, and its driving JJ crazy. "Something over 9," John B said. "Fuck. I gotta go, I need to go to our place," They've said they'd always meet at 6, if it was 9 now JJ was 3 hours too late.

He sprinted towards their place, when he arrived he heard a girl sobbing, only to place them as Hayley's. "Hayley? Hayley what's wrong?" The brunette girl looked up, tears stained face. "JJ?" She almost whispers. She stands up, before collapsing again, she falls into JJ's arms with heavy sobs.

"I thought you wouldn't come," She says sobbing. He felt really bad, but he knew it wasn't just him showing up late. "Hey what's wrong, aren't you happy to be here?" He asks, making her shake her head no. "I want to be here, but with my mom, and I thought- I thought-" She doesn't finish her sentence, because she didn't really knew what to say anymore.

JJ heard some noises behind him, when he looked he saw his best friends, he gave them a 'go away' look, but apparently they didn't understand it. Hayley looked up and sniffed. Her eyes immediately looked at the other brunette girl, her curly hair and beautiful chocolate skin, she felt jealous.

Kie didn't take her eyes off JJ, sending a thousand questions his way through looks. When Hayley caught the two talking without any words she turned to JJ. "I-Is she your girlfriend?" She asks, sobs already breaking through again.

"No, no, no, no," He says and hugs her again. The girl just nodded, trying to stop the unnecessary tears from falling. After a few minutes she calmed down a little. She hugged John B and Pope too, then she looked at Kie with a small smile.

"I'm sorry, way too make a first impression, I'm Hayley," She says laughing through tears, making Kie laugh too. "Kiara, but call me Kie," The girls hug, Kie was slightly happy that she met this girl, she knew that they would be great friends.

"Well, now that that's settled, I was wondering you're guys numbers. I need it since I am living here now," They all laughed, exchanging numbers.

She got add to a group chat called 'poques,' very original. They found a nice spot to chat and the hours flew by what felt like minutes. Soon enough they said goodnight to each other, leaving JJ and Hayley alone. "So, are you seeing someone?" She asks, breaking the burning question they've both wanted to ask each other.

"No, you?" She shook her head and he smiled. "Good," He pulled her towards her and kissed her hard on the lips. She hasn't felt his lips in almost two years, and it was better than her fantasies, someone practised.

"Can we go to your house?" He whispers in her ear, her heart flutters at his voice, she knew her words weren't going to help her, so all she did was nodded, he smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'm gonna give you a welcome back gift," He mumbles in her ear, making her even more wet than she already was.

Chapter two baby :) i usually update like 1 time in a week or sum, so I'll never not update :)
~1241 words~