10. FIGHTS

The next day she with the group at the boat, standing above the Grady White. There was tension, and she knew it. Thankfully Thankfully missed the confrontation about whether they were going or not. She stayed mostly close to Pope and Kie.

She wasn't necessarily scared of JJ, she just didn't wanted to talk to him. "This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kie asks and John B shrugs. "I-?" He starts, but Kie interrupts him again. "This one is a quarter full. It's enough for one of us," she says and Hayley nods.

"So, who's gonna go?" She asks and they all look around them, looking for a voluntueer.  "Love it when a plan comes together," Pope says and Hayley shrugs. "Does anyone know how to dive?" Kie asks and Hayley shakes her head. "Anybody?" She asks again. "It's kind of a Kook sport," JJ says and Hayley frowns. Is it?

"I... read about it," Pope says and Kie sighs dramatically. "Great. Pope read about it so someone's gonna die," She says and Hayley looks at Pope. "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ asks making motions to his mouth.

"Well if you come up too fast nitrogen gets into your blood and you get the bends," he explains and not one person understood. "Bend as in... Bend over and..?" He asks bending over, while holding on to the pole in front of him. "Bend as in the bends kill you," Pope says and Hayley sighs.

"I can- I can dive," John B suddenly says and the girls look at him, knowing he can't. "You can dive. I'm cool with that," JJ says and Hayley shakes her head. "Since when can you dive?" Kie asks and Hayley points at the water.

"If you do it wrong you die John B, did you not hear what Pope just said?" She asks and he shrugs. "I'll do it, it's fine," he says and she is ready to protest, but Pope stands up.

"Let me do some calculations real quick," he says and Hayley stands up also, wondering why in the world they got blessed with his brains. "So that boat's about 30 feet down, so it'll take 25 minutes at that depth, which means you need to make a safety stop at about... ten feet," he explains to John B and he just nods.

"All right? For two minutes," he says and waits for a response. "Yeah, yeah, ten feet, two minutes. Got it," she sees Kiara taking off her shirt and jumps in. "Uh," John B says and Hayley looks at JJ.

"What was that all about?" Pope asks and JJ shrugs. "I don't know, but I liked it, a lot," Hayley rolls her eyes and walks to the end of the boat. While John B dives at the nose she just has their back on them, pulling her knees to her head.

"Hay-" JJ starts, but she cuts him off. "Why don't you look at Kiara if you like it so much?" She says annoyed. JJ was about to respond if the cops didn't siren. "Shit. JJ," Pope interrupts and JJ turns around.

"Guys, that's the police," JJ says and starts to panic. "Oh you gotta be kidding me," Pope says and Hayley just stays in the same position. "Yep, that's the police," JJ notes again and Hayley sighs. If she gets arrested... she's gonna get grounded for life, Pope is gonna lose his scholarship, well, Kie is probably gonna get in trouble also and JJ...

JJ probably has to dodge some bullets shot by his dad.

"Just act frickin' normal," Kie says and the siren shoots again. "Evening officers," she hears Pope say and he takes a rope from their boat. They exchange their "evening's" and Hayley finally stands up.

"How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?" The officer asks. "No," everyone says and Hayley smiles dumbly. "I didn't know that," JJ says and Pope nods. "Why- why is it closed?" Pope asks and looks at the officer.

"Well, we're conducting a search out here. Boat went down," he says and frowns. "Seen anything?" He asks and JJ and Pope start to talk through each other. "No, no, boats no," they say and the officer nods.