08. PARTY

If there was something Hayley hates, then it was thunder, storms and rain. Tonight JJ and Hayley were sleeping on the couch, Hayley barely slept. She kept trying to keep her tears and whimpers to herself everytime a thunder strikes.

Eventually around 6 am JJ finally woke up, groaning when he looks at the crying mess next to him. His over protective side shot up and he immediately pulls her into a hug. She starts to cry harder and JJ tries to comfort her.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" He asks and she shakes her head. "I'm just so scared of- of thunder I-I can't- can't," she says crying and he kisses her forehead. "I'm here now baby, okay? You're gonna be just fine," she nods trying to breathe calmly, it wasn't working.

She starts to sob again and he shushes her, kissing her and calming her down. Eventually she falls asleep, not short after JJ does too.

JJ was waken up by the sunlight, minutes later John B. "Yo JJ have you been outside?" John B asks JJ who groans. "I have polio bro, I can't walk," they hear a giggle next to them and Hayley opens her eyes. "Hey Hayley," John B says. "Hi," she greets back as she yawns.

JJ sighs and stands up, grabbing a beer. He gets outside leaving and starts talking to John B. Hayley stands up too and goes after JJ, snatching the beer out of his hands and throws it in the trash can. "Hey!" He protests, pouting. "It's morning!" She says annoyed.

"JJ, its God telling us to fish!" John B says interrupting their conversation and he nods. "Baby can you make breakfast? Me and John B are gonna take the boat to the water," she nods and he smiles. "Thank you,"

She tries to make breakfast, but it was very hard since they had no power. "Oh shit," Hayley says and she runs out. "I- I gotta go see my dad," she says and JJ frowns. "What?" She nods and pouts. "I haven't gotten home last night, my phone isn't working, he'll think I'm dead! You guys go without me," she says and JJ frowns.

"Are you sure?" He asks and she nods. "Yeah, I love you," with that she ran away towards Figure 8. She abruptly stops halfway. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" She says groaning. She said I love you, shit!

She lets out a sigh and starts running towards her house again. When she finally arrives she sees her dad. "Dad!" She smiles and he looks at her. "Hey princess," he says smiling. "Great! Are you okay? The power wasn't working at John B's and-" he cut her off, "honey where were you yesterday?" He asks and she shrugs.

"Sorry I didn't come home, I was with friends," she says and he nods. "Well, now you're here I want you to stay today, I've barely seen you all summer," he says and she groans. "Dad! No!" She says and crosses her arms.

"Hayley! Yes!" He says raising his voice. "Fine!" She screams harder and runs upstairs. She obviously didn't want any trouble, but she wanted to be with her friends, so she sneaks out of the window and runs all the way back to the cut, again.

It took her forever to get away, she felt like she was running for hours. When she got back at John B house she saw John B, Kie and JJ. She exhales heavily putting her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?" Kie asks and Hayley nods, sitting down. "I just ran, twice, I-" she stops and takes deep breathes. She avoids John B and JJ's eyes. She takes a step forward wanting to speak, if Pope didn't bust in.

"Okay, so um, we didn't see anything, we don't know anything, we need to have total anf complete amnesia," Hayley frowns at the stressed Pope and sighs.

"What happened?" She asks towards Pope, worried someone might be in danger, or worse, dead.

"Nothing. See, isn't that easy?" He says and sighs. "Actually, Pope's right for ones," JJ says and she finally looks at him. He was sitting in the chair at the head of the table, Kie and Pope sitting on his right and John B sitting on his left.