facade & serendipity ( 𝚊𝚍𝚊!𝚍𝚊𝚣𝚊𝚒 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛, 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝 )

❛𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦

𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦.

PEOPLE'S chatter reached your ears as you calmly took a sip of your (f/d) and licked your lips, gazing out of the window, various people from different backgrounds walking along the busy streets of Yokohama.

(F/d) was something you could always rely on to just calm down and close your eyes for a while, almost being able to hear your own heartbeat, all the noise in the background fading away. Being outside drained you, but having your usual spot away from any close proximity of people was good enough for you to start your day.

"Would you like to have some more, miss?"

The waitress kindly asked you, hands at her back politely to which you smiled, saying, "Yes, please. Thank you,"

You waited patiently, tapping your fingers against the table as you looked outside again, many trains of thoughts occupying your mind.

• • •

DAZAI was lying on the couch of the armed detective agency lazily, releasing whines of boredom as he did absolutely nothing. His belly faced the sofa's comfortable seat, sinking into it.

At the back he could hear Tanizaki and Kenji's voices talking about paper work and Dr. Yosano typing on the keyboard of her laptop. He honestly admired them for doing that, because he just could never do all that stuff even if he was optimistic.

Kunkida announced to him and Atsushi about a case that had been going on for a few weeks. They received information about people killing others like homocides, physical abuses at home, many suicides and people doing illegal things. Thinking about it, he sat up with an absent minded face.

His gut told him to go investigate that case and find out what was going on.

So he stretched himself to get rid of any soreness, got up and left the room without any sound whatsoever.

Minutes later, he joined his colleagues who were on their way down the stairs to head outside and Dazai quickly caught up with them.

"Hey Kunikida~"

He sang the male's name teasingly and poked a finger into his arm. The other however just ignored him and walked towards his car with a cool demeanour. Kunikida rummaged through his pants' pockets for the key but came to the conclusion that there was nothing inside. Panicked, he looked at his colleagues as he scratched his blonde locks.

"Has any one of you seen the car keys?"

Atsushi innocently shook his head, pretty, light and uneven hair shaking gently with him after he searched in his own pockets. "No, sir. Nothing," he shrugged, lips pursed together in a line.