After the mission (part 1) <loki fanfic>

I snuck down the corridor on the boat with both hands on my gun. I could hear hydra members talking behind the doors as I passed them, swiftly. I didn't need to know what they were saying though, this was just a general rescue mission and wasn't anything I hadn't done before.

"There are two armed guards north from my location. I think the hostages are in there. I can easily get to them," it was Natasha's voice. Us two were on the mission together and had worked together for a few years now. I told nat everything, she was the first person I told about me and Loki being together. She was cautious at first, after what happened at New York, but grew to like him as she spent more time with him.

"Y/n, you should be at the other side of the room. There will be a few guards, but I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle" she whispered, trying not to get the attention of any unwanted hydra members.

"I'll easily take them out." I responded, letting her know I heard her. And she was right, as I turned the corner there were two guards, one facing my way and the other facing the opposite, both guarding a door. I quickly hid back round the corner, I had to be as quiet as I could do I didnt alarm anyone.

I took a small smoke bomb out of my belt and crouched, to throw it across the floor towards the hydra guards. I could see the hydra logo on their jackets as I watched the bomb roll towards them. And a sudden gas filled the air and covered them.

The two soldiers frail around for a moment, trying to realise what happened and spoke to each other in a panicked tone in Russian. I would've needed Nat to translate for me if I wanted to know what they said as I didn't speak Russian. I watched them for a moment and let out a smirk as they tried to waft the gas away with their arms, letting go of their guns.

The gas itself was harmless but I put on my mask anyway so I didn't breathe it in, it just made it easier. As they still had their hands in the air I walked over to them, still crouched down. I was right next to the first guy

"On your left" I whispered in his ear and he quickly spun round, allowing me to swiftly punch him in the face, the hydra soldier then swung back at me and missed, then shouted something else at the other soldier in Russian too.

I quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled his arm forward, before elbowing him him in the jaw and kicking him backwards in the shin. I threw him more forward and kicked him against the wall. He slid down the wall, blood coming out his nose, and he was left unconscious.

"Stay down" I said as I stared at him, aight my catching my breath. Then an arm grabbed me round the throat, holding me in a head lock. I grabbed his arm with both my hands and leaned forward, flinging him over my shoulder and backwards onto the floor. I held his body down with my knee.

"I'm guessing the hostages are in there then." I said, slightly flirtatiously before punching him in his face to knock him out. I slowly got back up, readjusting my fingerless, leather gloves as I pushed my earpiece back further into my ear.

"I'm going in" I said to nat over the intercom as I approached the door, taking my gun out the holster and getting ready to shoot the lock open.

"Hey. Try using the handle" nat whispered next to me. I jumped back a little and caught my breath when I saw it was only her.

"You scared the sh*t out of me!" I whispered back to her, in a slightly frustrated tone. Even though I didn't really mean it. She just laughed back at me and motioned to the door.

I slowly reached for the handle and forced it down, letting nat enter first with her gun pointed out. I followed after her and looked round the room at the shield agents tied up around the room, and armed men stood around them.

My eyes darted to the window of the boat as cap smashed through, taking down hydra members with his shield. Nat shot at a few of them too, not missing any of them. And I reached for my knives Loki had gifted to me. They were each perfectly engraved and was the perfect gift for someone who had killed 80 people in two days to give to an ex assassin who used to kill just for fun. Used to being the key word.

Not soon after, we had taken out all the hydra members, and rescued the shield agents, just as planned. Agents who had come with us had already began to steer the ship to shore, where we had agreed to meet with nick fury to debrief us.

As we could see the shore getting closer, the wind started to build up even more so than before and rain started to pour down, making noises as it crashed against the glass and metal on the boat. Not to mention the fact cap had already broken the window from going through it, so now the rain could get in, as well as the cold wind.

I ended up exiting the boat, shivering from the cold, with nat walking back beside me, her hair going crazy in the wind, and wet from the rain and her arms crossed by her side, trying to warm up her arms . I probably looked the same but I was just focused on getting out the cold.

I looked at the floor as I walked indoors, into the building. There were people walking around me in all directions, but none of them daring to push past me. I began to look up as I saw a figure walking towards me, i thought it would just be fury, but it was someone i hoped to see. The god of mischief.

"Darling, you're freezing" he said as he looked at me, his eyes darting from one cold part of my body to the other. Before he rested his hands on my arms, just below my shoulders.

"Really? How could you tell" I replied sarcastically, my teeth chattering from the cold. Loki smiled a little and took off his jacket, placing it gently on my shoulders as I finally uncrossed my arms and gripped it, holding it closely to my body hoping to gain more warmth.

"Won't you get cold?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I'm a frost giant, love, I don't think you have to worry about that." Loki said in his rough, deep voice. He moved next to me and wrapped one arm around my back, with his hand gently gripping my shoulder, holding me close to his strong body. I managed to smile through the cold and rested my head lightly on his side.

Some time later, after we had met with fury, Loki was taking me back to the avengers compound where we all stayed. Nat and steve had walked a good few paces behind us, leaving us kind of alone. No one could hear us talking anyway.

"You know, I do wish you would be careful. I'm always worried about you when you go on your missions." Loki said to me, looking straight ahead the whole time. It was cute when he worried about me, I guess it made me feel kind of special.

"So. Does that mean you're soft around me then? If you worry about me?" I said, slightly teasing him as I laughed when I spoke. Loki didn't say anything, he just smirked and shook his head.

"Because I'm honoured, really." I said, slightly sarcastically. I knew I was testing my luck with him but I also knew he, at the same time, loved and hated me teasing him.

"I just don't want to have to get up to save your ass again" he smiled as he made eye contact with me. He never did forget the one time I needed his backup and he never let me forget it either. But I laughed it off, I wasn't surprised he brought it up anyway.

"Oh cmon, you love this ass, and saving it." I laughed, my head still resting on his shoulder, but now placing my hand lightly on his chest. Loki used his free, right hand to place it ontop of mine. His hands compared to mine were massive, and they were big anyway. But I guess that's a good sign.