My pretty boy ~ short loki fanfic (trans story ftm)

You smoothed down your stygian shirt, waiting apprehensively for Loki's arrival. Guards passed by, not giving much notice to you as you loitered beside a tall pillar, constantly fidgeting in place and Adjusting your shirt to look as neat and presentable as possible.

You knew Loki would show up besuited, probably in all black with a hint of deep forest green or a gold that showed off his asgardian decent. Part of you wanted to mimic his look, the way his shirts hugged his flat, broad torso so they fit him perfectly, and the glimmer of confidence that was displayed through through his assertive stance and his distinct cheekbones that etched his face with sharp, dark lines.

It partly felt like envy. The desire to look as he did felt intoxicating, as if it was poisoning all reasoning with pure lust and want. Nonetheless, you made sure to not let it consume you, it wasn't a particularly bad feeling, it allowed you to appreciate Loki's looks. You still loved him, though, platonically or romantically you still weren't entirely certain.

You glimpsed upwards, able to briefly espy Loki walking swiftly towards you, with the same confidence and poise in his step as usual. You inhaled deep breaths as you heard his armour clink against one another as he strode down the cloister towards you. Although he wasn't in a suit, he still looked devilishly handsome as his shoulders slightly swayed as he walked and his hair fell effortlessly beside his shoulders and the armour upon them.

He greeted you with a charming grin as he faintly wrapped an arm around you, and spoke your name. It sounded prettier when he said it, so elegant and opulent. But something about that name, that senescent name, made you feel a little nauseous and uncomfortable.

Loki didn't know what was going on in your head, he didn't know there was something you needed to express to him, something that had been playing on your mind. So he waited, patiently and tentatively, for you to speak first.

"Loki," you began "you know how, some people are born as girls and some as boys" you hesitated before each word, making sure to phrase it just right. Loki didn't say much. Really, he didn't say anything at all, just furrowed his brows as if to signal to you to continue. You had a quick respite before continuing, making sure to plan the words in your head.

"And you know how sometimes, girls are in boys bodies, and boys are in girls' " you looked up at him again, and this time saw a look of sympathy, almost an empathetic look. As if he understood more than others could, more than others can. Even though you were almost certain he already knew what you were trying to say, you felt the need to express it more explicitly.

"Loki, what I'm trying to say is, I'm a boy. In a girl's body" you quickly fumbled out, gazing back at the floor, before Loki pulled your gaze back to his compassionate and understanding eyes.

"You know, one of the things I love most about being a sorcerer," he initiated, "is my ability to shape shift. The ability to look not just like a man, but like a woman."

Speeches and epilogues had never been a think Loki had displayed to you, but as he explained to you now his need to feel like a woman on some days, you cascaded deeper into his words and into a deep understanding of one another. He knew how you felt, in a way no one else ever did. After Loki's explanation, his hands slowly smoothed down your flat shirt, and straightened your collar, smiling to himself, and presenting it on his face for you.

"My pretty boy" he whispered.