Do you remember (part 1) <steve fanfic>

I heard voices. Mumbling at first. Then a ringing noise in my ears. My eyes slowly opened. And everything was blurry. I could see the outline of a few men around me but I couldn't make out who it was.

The ringing noise stopped and I blinked a few times to clear my sight. I was laid on a bed, and I didn't recognise anyone around me. They looked oddly familiar but I was sure I didn't know them.

One wasn't looking at me, he was messing with some science stuff. I had never really understood science. His hair was dark and messy and he was wearing a purple button up shirt. He adjusted his glasses as he looked down in a microscope without realising I had woke up.

"Banner" another guy said "y/n is awake" he nudged him and he looked up from his microscope and at me. He didn't say anything though. He just looked straight at me, his mouth open slightly. He looked shocked, or concerned, or maybe a mix of both.

How did he know my name, I thought as I stared at the other guy. He was tall and muscular and he had a serious look on his face that was smudged with mud and had a small cut on his forehead. I barely noticed any of his other features, like his deep light blue eyes and his straight, fluffy hair. I was too focused on his outfit. It looked like the American flag but more .... extravagant I guess you could say.

Another guy walked over to me, his eyes looking into mine. His hair was shoulder length and his outfit was even worse than the American flag one. He looked like he was wearing someone's drapes and he had some sort of armour on. Not like anything I had ever seen.

They all stared at me and none of us said anything. There was another guy in the distance, sat down fiddling with a bow and arrow. He looked serious too and had short brown hair that was sort of straw-like. He didn't even look up at me, but it's not like we knew each other anyway. I just darted my eyes from one of the men to the other. Trying to remember their familiar faces, when another guy walked in the room.

"Ah y/n, the princess/Prince awakes" he said as he strides in, messing with some tech in his hands. He places it down on the table as he walks through the room, clearly not reading the atmosphere. He started talking again, god did he never shut up. I didn't really take in what he was saying though, he wasn't explaining why or how I got here so I wasn't interested.

He talked to me as if I had known him for ages. All I heard was something about a mission. Something to do with New York and a guy called Loki. Didn't ring any bells. I hadn't gone on any missions, I just woke up and I barely remembered my own name and I probably wouldn't have if they hadn't said it.

"Tony," the blonde guy began "I think something happened to them" he said as he looked back at me. Tony. Tony. Tony. Still didn't ring any bells. I didn't know a banner either.

"Well yea. They got hit pretty bad by reindeer games but a mission is a mission. They look fine to me." He said as he pointed at me with a pen. Walking back to the piece of tech he placed on the table earlier.

"Reindeer games?" I managed to whisper out. I didn't even know if that was a name.

"Yea. Remember. Horn guy. The one with the stick." He responded, his hands flailing around everywhere as he spoke.

"My brother. Like me but more ... witchy." The guy with the long hair added. His voice was deep and rough and also sounded familiar but I didn't know who he was still or what he was like, so I didn't know what 'reindeer games' was like either. But horns and sticks don't exactly intimidate me.

"Who...who are you?" I asked quietly. Shifting my eyes from one man to the other, leaving them resting on the blonde guy who's eyes had slightly softened as I spoke.

"That. That's your-" banner began. Slightly stuttering as he spoke. Only to be cut off by the America guy again.

"Steve. I'm Steve Rogers." He said sternly, looking back at banner who looked slightly confused. I looked at the floor, the name repeating in my head. Why do I know that name. I didn't recognise the others.

"Do I know you?" I ask, still confused. He didn't answer. None of them did. They all just looked at Steve. Tony had finally stopped talking for once. And it was just a deep silence I couldn't shake. He eventually looked up and inhaled deeply, looking at everyone but me, as if he couldn't look at me in the eye without saying something, or choking up.

"I should check up on nat. To see if she's got any information from Loki." He finally forced out as he quickly made his way to the exit without looking back. I just wanted to go. It's like there was something they weren't telling me.

"Can I go." I asked banner. Not rlly looking up anymore. Why did Steve not answer me. What had I done. Who were they.

"Uhh well I imagine you have questions-" Tony answered before banner could.

"Yea. How did I get he-" I began. I just wanted answers. I just wanted to feel normal again. But I was cut off by Tony. Not surprising

"-I can't answer them. I'm busy. I'm a busy guy. But uh feel free to ask banner. And it's ok to anger him, don't worry about that" he said, smiling at banner as he left. The doors automatically opening as he left. I could hear him talking to someone as he walked out. Jarvis? There wasn't even anyone there. But his voice faded slowly.

I looked back at banner. He just sighed. "You, uhh, don't remember anything? At all?" He said as he scanned me with .... something. More science tech stuff I'm guessing.

"No. What is there to remember?" I asked him. And he stopped what he was doing and swiped away a screen and explained it.

He explained how I was an avenger. And I was an amazing spy and fighter. And Loki had tried to mind control me and Clint, the bow and arrow guy, but when I tried to fight it I ended up being fought by Loki and was left unconscious and only half mind controlled by him. and then I was taken to the avengers compound.

My mind raced, I didn't remember any of this. I wasn't a fighter or a spy or an avenger, whatever that was, and I wasn't fighting or on a mission and I didn't know a Loki or Steve or Banner or Tony or Clint or Nat or Thor. I didn't know any of them. I tried to remember everything but I couldn't. None of this had happened.

"I know It's hard to hear this. But we will all try and help you-" He said, noticing I was distressed.

"-Steve-" I said. Cutting him off. "Who is he. Do I know him?" I asked. He was the only one who I could half remember. He just looked so ...memorable and familiar. But banner didn't answer for a while. He looked awkwardly around me before showing me the way to to my room.

The room didn't look familiar either. But it was nice. It was dark, with dark coloured walls and a dark bed. There was a few instruments around the room I didn't even know how to play. And a desk with art supplies on it, eventhough I wasn't much of an artist. Or at least I don't remember being one.