Visit from a frost giant <loki fanfic>

There was something relaxing about watching the fan turn from side to side in the centre of your room, spreading the cool air. You had no idea what time it was, only that it was late and dark outside as there was no light showing through the thin curtains.

It was too hot to fall asleep anyway, and the other avengers were asleep, Tony of course had the most air conditioning in his room. Leaving everyone else to suffer in their rooms with only a fan to cool them down.

You were spread out on your bed, not allowing any of your limbs to touch one another, when you saw a dim orange light spread across the wall and ceiling. Then the faint noise of the wooden door brushing against the carpet. Followed by a shadow in the middle of the orange light reflecting off the corridor outside your room.

"Are you doing okay there, darling?" Loki called out to you. You could hear the slight smile in his tone, frost giants didn't get cold, as he'd told you before. Lucky bastard.

"Oh I'm fine," you responded, sarcastically "I enjoy being this hot. It's lovely"

Loki smirked and walked over to you, still laid on the bed and taking in the cool air from the fan. He began to point out that you did look 'uncomfortably hot', as if you hadn't noticed before. However, your ears did focus in on when he said he may be able to fix it. 

Soon after, you watched him go to the fan to turn it off. Clearly he was not book smart, turning off the only source of cool air won't help cool you down. Being the person you are, you were sure to let him know that too.

He let out a small sigh and rolled his eyes, only letting his smirk disappear for a few moments before it came back again andnhe approached you. He began to get under the covers next to you, using his magic, or enchantments as he put it, to make his clothes glimmer off his body, until he was left in just his boxers before you.

"If you're trying to cuddle with me, that's very sweet. Especially for the god of mischief, but it's too hot for that. I can't even let my own limbs touch me" you joked slightly as the heat settled in from having the fan off.

"Yes, well, you aren't a Jotun like I am" he added before letting the greens of his eyes disappear as he shut them. His skin slowly started to tint into a pale blue, as the colour washed over him. As if the previous, peachy colour was melting off him, allowing his natural blue skin to appear.

Lighter markings in his skin showed through as he let out a small breath, feeling your eyes watch him as they shifted from one place on his face to the other, admiring each part of his skin. Each tone, engraving, smooth curve, cutting edge of his face intrigued you more so than before.

As his eyes opened, they met yours and you began to stare into his now red eyes. His pupils dilated as they gazed back into yours. A chilled air began radiating from his body, as you felt it against your skin it felt like bliss as the cold met the hot

Loki pulled you into his body, wrapping his arms around you as you leaned your head against his cool chest. When you opened your eyes against him, you could see more lines etching down his chest from the ones on his face. Each one more intricate than the last. He was truly beautiful.

You stayed curled up in Loki's frosty arms and admiring his skin still. You remember him telling you before how he was a jotun, and his skin was naturally blue but was masked by the general asgardian skin tone. You had never seen his skin like this before, you didn't want to ask considering how he originally found out he was a frost giant.

Now it was before you, you adored and appreciated it more than you would have before. To Loki, it was like a new level of intimacy, as if he was showing you his deepest insecurities.

A whispered 'thank you' escaped your lips before you placed a hand onto his chest, gently moving your fingertips over the jotun engravings, caressing lightly over the bumps and lines in his skin.

Though you couldn't keep your eyes open much longer, as Lokis cold radiation had cooled and calmed you, allowing you to fall into a tranquil sleep, with one hand still resting on his chest. The hand he slowly grasped as you fell asleep, to reassure him you were there with him. Always.