11 ‧₊˚✧

🫐

3963 words.

//

+

the walk to the store was a pretty average one for jisung and jeno. not so much for jaemin though.

every now and then whenever they would pass a corner, jisung would hear a groan or moan coming from behind him. they could have drove, but jeno insisted they walked as it would be "quicker and less maintenance."

jisung didn't care either way, as he usually liked to walk around and he wasn't necessarily in a hurry or anything. so whenever jeno would grab onto jisungs arms and sing ring a round the rosie, jisung just smiled and laughed along with him. even jaemin would occasionally ditch the 'cool guy look' and smirk a little bit.

jisung had to admit, walking around with a new best friend and his 'so called crush' was like a dream to him. he always thought that stuff like that only happened in movies or fan fictions.

he was definitely going to take advantage of it.

"were almost there jaemin, stop dragging your feet." jeno said while ushering jaemin to keep up.

"we could have just used my car jeno. now were going to have to walk back to the school after this." jaemin groaned.

jeno tsked at him. "we've only been walking for 15 minutes or so."

jisung checked his phone. it most definitely had not been 15 minutes.

"i don't give a shit, we could have drove."

"then why did you come if it was such a hassle for you?" jeno teased, making jisung look over at him fast.

jeno didn't notice and just continued to walk backwards as he stared jaemin down.

jisung looked behind him at jaemin who he noticed had both his hands in his jacket pockets, and hair blowing with the gentle breeze. he liked this look.

"because i said i'd help with jisung's hair didn't i?"

"yea, but you could've drove. why did you agree to walk with us?" jeno continued.

jisung mentally groaned before noticing jaemin's slight delay in response.

"ther- there's bad people out at this time of night. you two could run into trouble with someone and not even know what hit you." jaemin spoke.

jeno and jisung exchanged looks at one another before jeno smirked and looked back at jaemin. jisung knew jeno was trying to get a different answer out of him.

"and what makes you think you'd be the one to protect us if something or someone did happen to attack us." jisung spoke while looking down at the ground. but right after he did, he quickly regretted what he said with his eyes going wide.

he didn't mean to say that out loud.

"i wouldn't let something happen to the people i hang out with." jaemin chimed in from behind him. and to jisung, it kind of sounded sincere...?