Midgardian Blood

Silence filled the hall as the prince and his son stared each other down. Palace guards did their best to avoid the scene as they tried to pass discreetly. Their avoidance wouldn't have made much of a difference though, Loki and Peter were too focused on the other and the words just said to pay them any mind.

Loki felt the regret from his words before he saw the hurt flash across Peter's face, those emotional brown eyes widening and watering up. 

"Peter-"

"I never asked you to be my dad." The boy cut him off, head bowing. "I never asked for any of this. You're the one that took me out of the orphanage on Midgard, you're the one who decided you wanted to be a parent. If you're regretting it so much now, then why not put me back there? Go on, abandon me again! Just like you do every month when you leave with Uncle Thor! It's not like you've been around me long enough to miss me!"

"That's not true-"

"If this is how my life is supposed to be, I wish you never would have met my mom in the first place!" Before Loki could even fully process those words, Peter turned on his heel and ran down the hall as fast as he could. Loki watched him go, knowing that he should follow, that he should step up as a parent and prove Peter wrong, but he couldn't move. His feet felt glued to the spot.

His fists curled as he felt his anger rising, anger at himself for not being better, at Thor for demanding so many trips to battle, at Odin for leaving the mess of a war in a galaxy nowhere near their reign for his sons to clean up, a part even unjustly aimed at Peter for not letting him properly explain.

He released his fists with a frustrated yell, power surging out of him and ripping a nearby tapestry. He was too on edge to finish talking to Peter now, knowing it would only lead to more fighting and yelling. But... he was in perfect condition to speak with his father on the matter. He had been petitioning him to come home for the last two months after their initial assignment was finished, only to be kept out there for longer. 

Now that he was home, he had no intention of leaving Peter again anytime soon.

LOKISON

Peter ran into his room, his door slamming behind him. He gasped in deep breaths as he tried to calm his anger, bad things happened when he lost control and he just had his room repaired. 

He fell into his bed, muffling his scream into his pillow as the tears finally leaked out of his eyes. He clung to the green fabric of the pillow, holding it against his chest. It was an item he had swiped from his dad's room the first week he had been gone and Peter's need to be near him again was too strong. It no longer had the comforting smell of cool mint and leather that was Loki, it was no longer an item to comfort him and protect him from nightmares as his dad's scent usually did. Now it was just a green pillow. Just as Loki was just a man.

Deep down Peter knew that what his dad did was important, that it was the Allfather that sent him and Uncle Thor away. But hearing Loki threaten to bring him back to Midgard if he didn't drop the attitude, that he had never planned to be a father... It hurt. The fact that it was the truth as well made it all the more painful.

So Peter laid there, crying into something that should have been a comfort to him. 

He wasn't sure how long he stayed there before the idea hit him, stopping his tears. He realized that the idea was petty, and he would definitely be in a huge amount of trouble if caught... But if Loki didn't plan to be a father, then why not fix his burden and leave?

Pushing himself up, he quickly grabbed a bag and began stuffing his clothes into it. He knew that Heimdall was in a meeting with the Allfather at the moment, so he had a small window to work with while the Gatekeeper was preoccupied. And if Loki hadn't made his appearance by now, then he wouldn't until dinner.