Captain Universe

A/N: AAHHH I HIT 500 FOLLOWERS!!! What the heck, guys!! I was at 300 not too long ago, then I blinked and I'm halfway to a thousand!! This is such an honor, thank you all so much!! I finished writing this chapter as fast as I could and made it extra long just for this! Thank you all so much for getting me to 500!!

Peter stood in the middle of the lobby, his body numb as the Avengers moved around him. He wasn't exactly sure when they all arrived or how they knew where he was, but he really couldn't bring himself to care as he stared at the room of bodies that Loki had left behind.

After the man had left and Peter composed himself enough to check through the lobby rooms for any more of the hostages, he had reluctantly opened the room that Amora kept him in and was nearly knocked back in shock. He knew there were multiple attacks on people, he figured that they had been taken as well, but he never imaged that Loki could kill a whole room in such a little amount of time...

"Peter," Thor's voice called from behind him, a heavy hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"How could he do this...? How could he kill so many people and think it's okay? And he's killing them in my name, is that supposed to make it better? These people's deaths are on my conscience now! If he ever cared about me like I thought, he never would have done this!" Peter looked up at his uncle, his eyes burning as he tried to hold back his tears. "Why would he do this to me...? Was it all a lie? Was all this time we spent together a lie?"

Thor's grip on his shoulder tightened as he pulled Peter into his chest, both arms wrapping around him. "No... No, nothing was a lie. Loki loves you, he loves you more than he's ever loved anyone before. Because of that, he doesn't always know how to deal with those feelings in the best way. It doesn't help that his moral compass is constantly spinning in every direction."

"But I thought after all this time... I thought he enjoyed being a good guy..."

Thor let out a sigh, nodding. "From all the times that he betrayed me, pretending to be good but turning right back to his troublesome ways... I too thought he had changed for real this time. There is no doubt in my mind that Loki enjoyed the hero life with you at his side; but as I said, he loves you more than anything. And if protecting you requires him to fall back into old ways, unfortunately Loki will do so."

Peter's eyes closed as he buried his face deeper into Thor's chest. He took comfort in his uncle's arms, knowing that at least Thor somewhat understood how he felt and would never turn against him like Loki just had.

At the thought of his dad's betrayal, Peter's jaw clench and his fists tightened. "We have to stop him before he makes things worse for himself. The public was already distrustful of him before while doing missions with the Avengers, they won't ever trust him again - and if he keeps attacking people they may try demanding capital punishment."

"Loki is an Asgardian-"

"That's on Earth," Tony sighed, coming up behind them. "The kid's right, his race won't matter if this keeps up. There's already another meeting being scheduled with the UN about putting more restrictions into the Accords. Your brother is turning into a headache I've already had before, and I don't promise I won't slap him with a metal glove next time I see him."

"New restrictions?" Peter's eyes snapped toward his mentor, "You think they're going to try to set up the mandatory registration for enhanced again?"

Tony's face was serious, his eyes looking away and sniffing as he shifted in place. But then he looked Peter in the eyes and placed a hand on his shoulder, "That's possible... But I won't let it happen."

"But Loki might not think so." Tony's eyebrows pushed together in confusion as his head tilted at Peter slightly in question. Peter looked away from him though and up at Thor. "Could Loki try to attack the UN leaders if he thinks they would put my privacy at risk?"