Sleepytime

Warning: Kinda short chapter!! I needed an escape from university and this is the result.

Loki slowly let out a breath, walking evenly but reluctantly down the hall. Thor and Peter had declared they would be working on something during the night, a 'top secret surprise' that only they could know about until it was time to reveal it. Loki and the rest of the Avengers had been kicked out of the family room around ten that night, and Loki had heard them laughing and talking and suspiciously loud bangs even from his room. He dreaded the mess he was sure to find... He wouldn't clean it up for them, but it was still a headache to get Thor to clean up after himself.

Turning the corner in the hall, Loki could already see the mess of pillows and blankets scattered around the room ahead of him. If just the small portion of the room that he could see from the hall was that badly messed, it did not bode well from the rest...

Stepping through the entry way, Loki was indeed correct in his assumption. The two of them had seemingly raided the hall closet and took out all the throw pillows and blankets, deciding to litter the entire room with them - they had even turned a couch over...! His eyes narrowed as he ran a cool hand over his face and pushed his hair back. The duo were nowhere to be seen though... Perhaps they were hiding under one of the blankets?

Glancing around the room, his eyes caught sight of the connected kitchen and the complete chaos it was in - much worse than the family room. Flour was dusted across every surface, almost like snow; something purple was splattered against a cabinet, slowly dripping down onto the counter; dirty dishes were scattered around, white... goo... inside most of the bowls; an empty sprinkler container spilled over on the counter, the confections littering the counter and floor.

Loki took a deep breath, taking in the damage that the two had done together in just one night. Thor he could believe, but Peter? If he didn't know better, he would say that the two of them were biologically related instead...

A loud snore caught his attention, a sigh passing Loki's lips as he walked toward the kitchen, going around the counter to see the two trouble makers passed out on the floor next to the oven. Peter's legs were pulled to his chest, his arms wrapped around to keep them in place. His head was tilted slightly, resting against Thor's shoulder who in turn had an arm draped over Peter. Thor's head was leaning against the cabinets; he would most likely have a creak in his neck once he woke up... And as large as he was, his legs were neatly crossed in front of him.

Loki couldn't help the smile from forming on his face as he turned to the family room and took one of the blankets off of the ground, bringing it back and gently laying it over them.

He watched them for a second longer before leaving to pick up the mess in the family room; perhaps then the others wouldn't be so loud when they started coming in.

Sure enough though, a half hour later Rhodey and Sam walked in while Loki was reading a book at the island counter.

"Hey," Sam smirked, "It's not often we see you out here so early-"

"Shh." Loki sent a glare at them from over his shoulder, not even sorry when seeing their half shocked expressions.

"The hell, man?"

Rolling his eyes, Loki nodded over the counter pointedly, the two humans sharing a confused look before walking around to see what Loki was guarding so protectively. They assumed it had something to do with Peter, but seeing both he and Thor curled up on the floor was not the sight they were expecting.

Rhodey quickly pulled out his phone to take a picture while Sam held a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

But once they had gotten over their shock and had retreated to the sofas for hushed conversation, they were the ones that shh'ed the other Avengers that walked into the room.

Loki hid his smirk behind his book as he looked back over the counter at his brother and son, a part of him... satisfied that they had become so close. It was to be expected with their personalities, but he was still feeling positive about it.

A/N: I'm not dead! The virus hasn't gotten me yet! I hope everyone else can say the same! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, some of you are probably bored under quarantine and I wish I could help more

A/N: I'm not dead! The virus hasn't gotten me yet! I hope everyone else can say the same! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, some of you are probably bored under quarantine and I wish I could help more... Unfortunately, I do my university work online so nothing has changed for me, and my new professor is a former attorney and incredibly strict and I hate everything about this Criminal Law class....... I also had a family member move in with me under an emergency situation, along with her Rottsky (Rottweiler x Husky)... that is not housebroken yet... So I'm adjusting to life with an unexpected roommate and her large dog that doesn't get along with my two jack russells and four cats... Ya'll pray for my survival.

.

.

.

Thor had to admit, he was enjoying himself as an uncle. It was unexpected and shocking, but now that he knew Peter better, it was a fun experience. The others had tried to tease the two about their bonding moment of creating homemade poptarts and the mess that they had made, but Thor was just to ecstatic to care. He was an uncle - a role model! It was great!

A week had passed since that time of bonding and Thor was eager for another, he even made plans already.. He would take Peter to the New Asgard and show him around the town and introduce him to everyone. They could tour the area, and go to festivals, and test each other's strength. It would be amazing.

He just needed to get Loki to agree first...

Walking down the hall, that was exactly what Thor planned to do. He knocked once on Loki's door before opening it, a large grin on his face before faltering. He blinked at the sight before him before his grin faded into a soft smile.

On the small sofa in the corner of Loki's room was his brother, sleeping with his book in his lap. Tucked into Loki's side, however, was Peter. The boy was sandwiched against Loki, head hanging forward slightly though still resting against Loki. The man's book-free hand was gently resting on Peter's shoulder in a very fatherly fashion and similar to what Thor had seen himself doing with Peter the other day.

Quietly backing out of the room, Thor shut the door and continued on his way. He could ask Loki about the next bonding trip later.