Domestic

A/N: I actually had another, much whump-ier chapter that I was working on before this; but after seeing some base images while drawing the other day, I needed to write this instead XD

Peter was not having a good day. He was quite possibly experiencing the worst day in the history of ever.

He had gone to bed late the previous night, which was totally his own fault; but he had been expecting to get three hours of sleep... not four. The building's power had gone out sometime after he fell asleep, resetting his and May's alarm clocks so they were both late for school and work. Of course traffic was horrible and the subways crowded, so he missed his first train and had to wait for the next. When he did finally arrive to school, it was in the middle of his third class and the teacher was very unimpressed with him...

He obviously got detention, and Flash absolutely loved that... And while Peter had slowly been standing up for himself against the bully thanks to his dad's coaching, he was in no mood to deal with Flash during lunch. So Peter skipped lunch, just like he did with breakfast, and instead focused on studying for an upcoming quiz. He would probably regret that later, but he currently couldn't care since it was keeping him away from confrontation. Having the confidence he normally did as Spider-Man would have been amazing, honestly... But he was too tired to even attempt such a thing.

He got onto the bad side of three other teachers by nearly falling asleep or zoning out during their lesson, which didn't help him get a confidence boost at all... By the time he got to detention, his stomach was screaming at him for food. He couldn't run to Delmar's fast enough once he was free of that prison...

Except he forgot his wallet at the apartment and there was a new worker there while Mr. Delmar was out sick, and the worker apparently didn't like something about Peter and refused to put the sandwich on his tab...

Peter was already nauseous from lack of food, but he left the store to put his suit on anyway.

An hour into his patrolling, Peter felt like he had made some serious mistakes in life - especially when his vision started going out while he was swinging across the city.

"Karen, I-I think something's wrong...!" Blinking furiously, Peter gained his vision back just in time to shoot another web and dodge a collision with a skyscraper. He swung to the roof of the building, staggering forward until he fell to his knees.

"What's wrong, Peter?" The AI asked, "Your vitals are... slightly unnatural. Should I call for help?"

"N-no... No, just... I don't know..." Peter held himself up with his hands, staring at the ground as his vision danced in and out of focus. "Don't call anyone, just give me a minute."

"Understood."

He tugged off his mask hoping to have some relief, but it didn't help. If anything, without the protection from the mask, he felt even worse. His eyes closed tightly against the sun's brightness, his body feeling unnaturally heavy and slowly pulling him to lay flat against the roof.

Giving in, Peter curled into a ball on the hard surface; feeling slightly better once he was no longer fighting with gravity. But his stomach was still in knots, keeping a constant nausea threatening to bring up what little sustenance he had.

He wasn't sure how long he stayed there, curled up and trying not to die, but he noticed that the sun was starting to set and that he wouldn't be able to stay there any longer... With a heavy sigh, he pushed himself up, his arms shaking dangerously as he tried to get to his feet. His vision blurred and head pounded, but if he concentrated hard enough then he'd be able to travel a little further.