Don't Steal from Loki

A/N: So... slightly following the last AU with this chapter, Loki is regarded as a prince on Asgard, though he spends most of his time on Earth with Peter after they meet. 

Loki let out a slow breath; the cold air making his sigh visible as his eyes closed and a hand ran through his hair. Three times in the same week this crime has been committed right under his nose; three times this week he had to question the others in the camp; three times this week he had to threaten treason and punishment...

He slowly marched to the door of his tent, looking out into the camp and taking a deep breath before calling out, "Who keeps stealing my capes?"

A passing guard stopped, a few other people turning in his direction before resuming their original work. Loki cursed under his breath as he went back into his tent.

It was bad enough that Odin had called him back to Asgard to order him to oversee a war between two races he really didn't care for, but now someone thought it was funny to steal his capes! Just the capes, nothing else! What was the point of that?

Pulling out his last one, Loki quickly attached it and stormed out again. He took a somewhat calming breath before going to the tent next to his, pushing the door flap open. "Peter, it's time to get-"

Pausing briefly to look around the empty space, Loki's brows furrowed as he went back outside. It wasn't often that Peter was awake before him, even rarer for the boy to leave the safety of his tent without Loki nearby. Peter, having grown up on Midgard for most of his life, was not used to the customs of this planet's inhabitants quite yet... Having nearly caused a heinous crime minutes after they had landed with the Asgardian armies, Loki could understand his hesitance.

Glancing around, Loki saw another passing guard and held his hand up to stop him, "You! Have you seen Peter?"

The guard looked to the tents, frowning as he looked back to the prince. "No... I don't believe I saw him return from the banquet hall last night."

Loki dismissed him with a wave, quickly heading to the night chef's tent. Peter had made friends with the man fairly quickly, and now the elder chef kept a close watch over him the few times when Peter would go there by himself. He would know where Peter went.

But he didn't; he said that Peter left the banquet hall early that night because he wasn't feeling well... And with each new person that Loki asked, and each new answer of unknowing, Loki felt worry swelling within him. He should have known better than to let Peter go eat by himself last night, if only he hadn't of been so preoccupied with repairing the battle strategist that the previous commander had screwed up! Peter had even shown hesitance to go alone... His spider sense could have been warning him something was going to happen, but the child was too self sacrificing to voice his concerns!

Obviously something had to have happened, it wasn't like Peter to go wandering off - not on an alien planet... If this were Earth or Asgard, then he wouldn't be so concerned; but it wasn't either planet and Peter could very well die if he said the wrong thing here.

"I knew I should have left him with his aunt," Loki muttered under his breath as he marched through the camp. What had possessed him to think it would be a good idea to take his teenage son with him to a warring planet; especially when that son was as self sacrificing and righteous as Peter was? It was ridiculous and stupid and Loki honestly should have known better.

The day progressed and there was still no sign of Peter, the bubble of worry in Loki's chest slowly turning to fear with each passing hour. As soon as he was found - he would be found - Loki would send him right back to May.