Buds Bein' Buds

Oh look a random sketch by mE-

Also you'll see some Whitty lore in this one-shot.

-------------------------------------------------------

Did Whitty move to another alley again...? Hex thought as he stood in the empty alley. Many times he offered Whitty to stay at his place, only to be faced with a "I don't want to be a burden to you, Hex." Geez, that bomb can be really stubborn.

Fortunately, since Hex put Whitty on his "Friends To Rely On" list, he can always track him down! Don't ask how, just know he can because . . . robot mind.

Hex's legs kept walking and walking until his tracker lead him to an abandoned house. The kind robot had to frown, as the realization of Whitty's situation sank in deeper than before. He softly knocked on the door and heard a harsh voice say "Come in, Hex." And he did.

"Whitty . . . I feel like The Greater Good would find you here quicker."

"Unless I make this place look like there's people living in it," Whitty explained as he slowly stirred a cold bowl of soup. He was sitting criss-cross in his tent while his eyes glared down at the bowl. Poor bowl did nothing wrong, but Whitty just wanted to be mad.

Hex kneeled down next to Whitty, looking at him with uneasiness.

"You will be safer with me, in my establishment."

"Hex I already told you; I don't want to be a—"

"I WANT YOU TO HAVE A SAFE LIFE!" Hex snapped, making Whitty jump and jerk his head to him.

That was shocking—he had never heard Hex yell at him before. It wasn't normal for him to hear someone who was never in pain yell so loud.

Hex's eyes widened when he realized the volume and sound of his voice. He covered his sad robot face in shame.

"I'm very sorry for screaming at you . . . I just don't like it when you push me away like that," he whispered. "I would like to help you, Whitty. You're a great friend."

Whitty shook his head and put his bowl down. He pulled one of Hex's arms away from his screen, to see his lil' frown. "It's alright . . . I definitely deserved that. My mind is stuck between wanting to have a normal life vs. keeping my friends safe." Hex lowered his other arm and nodded.

"I understand. But can you please stay at my house? Maybe you can stay there permanently, since I have a place you can hide at if The Greater Good ever went into my house." Hex watched Whitty tap his fingers on his leg as he thought.

"Ehhh . . . sure. But if I feel like I have to leave to keep you safe, I will." He looked up at Hex with a determined face. Hex sighed and smiled big.

"Of course. Are you gonna finish eating that soup, though?"

"Yeah, can't let it go to waste." Whitty suddenly drank it all in four gulps. That was normal, since he can eat pretty fast. He packed up his things and followed Hex to his house.

"Aaaaand here we are! Sorry, it's not much," Hex beamed while scratching the back of his head. The walls were painted light blue, while the floors were a soft birch color. His house looked incredibly clean and neat. It almost caught Whitty off guard, but in a good way.

"Whoa, nice place," Whitty said.

"Thanks! I'll show you your room." The bomb followed Hex to Hex's bedroom. There was a really tall charging stand for Hex in the corner of the room, while the bed was next to it. "You will sleep in the bed; I barely use it anyways."

Whitty had seen beds before, but he was always scared of it, thinking it was a deadly trap. When in reality, it was a soft mattress meant to lure you to sleep. He gazed at the bed anxiously, not even looking at Hex when he asked if he was okay.

"Yeah, but . . . is it gonna hurt me?" Whitty asked. Hex gave him a robo grin.

"No, of course it won't! Beds are comfy warm mattresses meant for you to lay in for a maximum of 7-9 hours."

"Oh, okay. Can I try it out?"

"Mhm!"

Whitty awkwardly plopped his torso on the bed, rolling on it so that his whole body sank into the sheets. It was actually heaven. He had never felt something so . . . soft and delicate. He had to let out a huge sigh.

"It feels so . . . warm," he mumbled, nuzzling in the sheets. Hex chuckled at the cute sight.

"I am glad you like it! I'm in the mood for baking, so would you like to help me?"

Whitty sat up from the bed with a small smile on his face. Hex felt very satisfied from that smile. It meant that he did a fantastic job at making his friend feel welcomed. And it warmed his heart . . . a lot.

"Yeah, I guess. I never baked anything in my life though, ha." Hex reached his hand out, and Whitty took it, pulling himself up.

"Well we will start with the basics!" Whitty's robot friend held his hand as he led him to the kitchen.

And so, they baked for many hours. It was refreshing for both of them; they haven't hung out like that for awhile now. But now that Whitty was Hex's (temporary) roommate, their special bond will get stronger.

Oh and afterwards, they did some friendly cuddling in a blanket while watching Regular Show 'cause why not.