ii; for you

FOR FOREVER
II ; FOR YOU

— the aftermath after the god forsaken storm.

"Y/N, PLEASE BE MORE CAREFUL..."

you sat in the office of the grand master with jean tending to your wounds. it was a fairly large office, shelves of books filled an entire wall, you assumed most of them were simple encyclopedias just for display while some were actually stories about mondstadt and past heroes who protected it.

jean gunnhildr, she's widely know with her surname being one of the most known names around mondstadt. she worked directly with the grand master ever since her mother had taken on less important matters due to old age.

she was also your first friend in the knight academy, being both young and having the same interests — naturally, you both would get along like two birds in the same nest.

the door opened, a tall man walking through it. "jean, thank you for tending to their wounds."

"yes, thank you." you thanked the blonde.

"may i have a moment with y/n?" the grand master asked jean to step out for a few minutes, in which she obliged and stepped out. "can i ask you to go over what happened that night?"

you stiffed up in your seat, shaking your head. "no... no thank you." it still felt like yesterday. the day where you had gotten your hands bloody with fatui matters.

in reality, it's been a week. you haven't left the confines of your house and the only reason why you're out now is per varka's request.

everyday you had either kaeya or diluc at your doorstep. it pained you to not answer the door but the confines of your home was the safest place to you.

"i'm sorry, i know this is tough-"

"grand master, sir." you cut him off, "i do have a complaint i would like to file."

"it's not at the matter at hand, y/n. please stay on topic."

"captain lance." you simply said, poison lacing your tone. "sir do you know the working conditions he puts me through?"

"y/n-"

"i have been working in this division for a year, don't get me wrong - it's a great division. but captain lance always seems to give me the short end of the stick." you huffed, "grand master varka, it's been like this since i first joined."

varka sighed, sitting back in his seat. "kaeya has also informed me about this." he tapped a pen across some papers.

"huh? kaeya?" your affairs, not his — but then again he did harbour some sort of grudge against lance for some reason. "nevermind... are we done here?"