iv; death carries secrets

FOR FOREVER
IV ; DEATH CARRIES SECRETS

— FOR THE DEAD MANS BUSINESS IS NOW YOURS TO TELL IN HIS STEAD.

IT WAS A WARM APRIL EVENING, the tavern was bustling with knights and friends with the ragnvindr family

IT WAS A WARM APRIL EVENING, the tavern was bustling with knights and friends with the ragnvindr family. people were shouting, drinking, everything you'd find in a typical mondstadt tavern.

april 30th, this day was special since it marked the day that the heir to the dawn winery could legally drink — diluc ragnvindr's 18th birthday.

angel's share was busy as ever, especially since the knights had put in some budget for the party itself despite crepus insisting it was okay and that they didn't have to sponsor dawn winery since they were already rich as hell in teyvat.

you were still out near wolvendom picking a few fresh lamp grass for the small gift you wanted to give your friends birthday, along with a small ring you had picked up in liyue from past visits — you had a similar one in the purple tint while the one you got him was a red tint.

"will he think it's weird that i'm giving him a ring?" you thought aloud, frowning at the thought that it might imply something else. "ah, maybe i should just go with the lamp grass..."

"do you always talk to yourself while you're out?" you turned around to see the figure of a particular bard dressed green and white clothing and his signature lyre. "hehe, you're a strange one, y/n."

you sighed, picking the few lamp grass pieces that fell out of your hand. "venti... you gotta be more careful when you're sneaking up on a knight. most people would pull their weapon out."

venti was a strange person in your book. you met him during your stay in liyue harbor, yet he was dressed like he was from mondstadt (which he was). he was a friend of the funeral consultant, which also seemed strange since he rarely brought up any bard, but you didn't question it.

"but you're not like most people." venti said with a sight smile crossing his face. "are those for your friend?" you nodded to the bards question.

"what are you doing out here anyways?"

"hmm? just out for a walk, that's all." he chuckled. you raised an eyebrow at the odd tone he used, but didn't push to question him any further. he walked a few steps ahead of you, and you assumed he was on his way but he turned his back and said something else.

"ah, a little someone told me you got offered a new position in the liyue qixing."

you froze in place. nobody knew about that except lady ningguang, her emissary, and-