v; absquatulate

FOR FOREVER
V ; ABSQUATULATE
(v). TO LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE

 TO LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE

APRIL 30TH, XXXX
TIME: 10:21 PM

running through heavy, pouring rain was no easy task, especially when the ground was muddy and puddles had started forming. nothing mattered at the moment, not when you had finally deciphered kaeya's last sentence to you before leaving you at the knights headquarters.

"i'm going to tell him who i really am, y/n." he then paused, taking a deep breath and faced away from you. "if he draws his blade, then so be it."

you were kept in the dark about what kaeya was talking about, but his last sentence had got you. he knew that his secret would be one that threatened his own bond with his adoptive brother and he was willing to fight back if the time came.

and low and behold, you could hear the sounds of crackling flames and the sound of metal clashing against each other.

but when you had finally arrived, you halted to a stop. frost covered the wet grass and the two brothers had been on the ground — both badly wounded.

though what surprised you most was the cryo vision in kaeya's wounded hands. you rushed over to kaeya, probably the most wounded out of the pair.

"hey, kaeya?" you pressed your index and middle finger against kaeya's neck, checking if his pulse was still beating. you let out a relieved sigh, feeling the faint beating of his pulse. your hand glided across his open wounds, fresh blood staining your hands.

"get out of the way." someone demanded. yet you didn't dare look back to the man that had asked you to leave kaeya's side. "y/n, i said-"

"i heard what you said." you stood up from the kneeling position you were in, hoping kaeya could hold his own now that he had a new vision blessed — or perhaps cursed — by the gods themselves.

you glanced back at the young adult who weld his own claymore, stained with the blood of his own brother. his own face was covered in scratches and cuts of his own, but not nearly as bad as the latter.

kaeya knew he would react like this, so was he really ready to die at his own brothers hand that quickly?

"diluc," you said with an empty smile. "will you draw your blade to the friend you ever-so cherished?"

a moment a silence had passed, yet it seemed like eternities before diluc had actually replied back. but you were disappointed at the response that followed your question.