vii ; unfamiliarity

FOR FOREVER
VII ; UNFAMILIARITY 

  ( in where old friends reconcile for the past but realize that they'll never be the same. )

 )

you patiently waited at the front of the guesthouse as the morning sun kissed your skin good morning as it always did every sunny morning in the city. the breeze carefully pushing your hair as it moved where the wind did.

"good morning." you voiced, sensing the sudden presence of another person. looking up, you're met with a pair of crimson eyes, so familiar yet so distant at once. he nodded, and followed your lead down the brisk morning streets of liyue harbour.

the only people out at this time are people working down at the docks and few millelith guards on duty. you asked a friend if you could set up a reservation at liuli pavilion before dining hours could start. of course, most people are indebted to you since your two years loosely working in the qixing and ministry of civil affairs.

greeting licai a formal greeting, you head inside the pavilion, taking a seat at the reserved table. "what do you want to know?" you inquired, pouring a cup of tea for yourself and the man sitting across from you.

"your father. who was he?" 'quite the entrance question..'  you voiced while taking a sip of the jasmine tea. setting the teacup down, you sighed.

"he was a late harbinger. he used to occupy the 10th slot, but i'm sure that spot has long been filled since his passing. he was called Innamorati from what i can recall." eyes darting towards the table, you could feel the long stare that diluc had been giving you. your legs shifted slightly, mainly out of discomfort you were feeling. "i'm not very sure who he really was. all i knew is that he grew up in fontaine and moved to mondstadt after meeting my mother."

his gaze fixated on your gloved hands, taking some interest in them as they traced the rim of the teacup as you spoke. they seemed to have a 'v' shape as it didn't cover your entire hand. it's been. two years but you've grown so much. "that's it? did you ever get his delusion after his passing?"

giving him a half-assed laugh, you look at him. "what does that matter? you conceal your own vision for reasons unbeknownst to me."

"answer the question, y/n."

"how bossy..." you mumbled under your breath. "i did, surprisingly it doesn't work like how a normal vision would."

"how so?"

"when vision users die, their vision lay dormant and lose its power." you explain. "my fathers delusion did not. it's still well intact and still has power in it." you did some research yourself, and by research i mean taking a few trips to northland bank and paying for a certain someone's meals for information. not like you mind treating this person to meals, he was quite the character and he made dinners lively.