vi ; when we were young

FOR FOREVER
VI - WHEN WE WERE YOUNG

FEBRUARY 2ND, XXXXTWO YEARS AFTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES —

FEBRUARY 2ND, XXXX
TWO YEARS AFTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES

you stood outside an estate in the upper part of liyue harbour, typically where the more wealthier people had stayed. you pulled out your pocket watch, only to hear the voice you had wished to finally listen for after 7 or so minutes.

"well, what's keeping you? lets go, we mustn't have time to spare." the woman in front of you voiced in her usual work tone. "ah- my work tone, i'm sorry."

you shook your head and let the woman dressed in fine fabric lead the way. "there's really no need to apologize, we're going to this event for work so there's no reason for you to say sorry, keqing."

you had usually done your work out in the field solo or with a small, highly trained unit that was led by you. but this time you had to escort one of your closest companions to an event hosted right at the main hall where most large scale parties were held.

lady keqing, the yuheng and very close friend, was walking in front of you as she halted suddenly. the sun was just crossing the horizon line as the light blue faded away as it welcomed the darkness of the night.

"what's wrong?" you queried.

"will you be fine?" her sudden question made you stop in your tracks, your fingers suddenly feeling like ice. why did you feel like this? you've never gotten frozen like this since you started your job in the higher ups in the qixing.

"yeah- yeah i'm good."

"y/n, it's an event where all businessmen and women attend to gain a little more money and more customers. you're bound to see one of your mondstadt friends here." keqing noted while walking back towards you. "nothing makes you freeze until your home nation comes up." it's been two years and you still feel like ice when you hear mondstadt city being brung up.

you told the yuheng (mainly) everything. i mean, she was the second person you met when you first arrived in liyue, plus she's a co-worker of yours — just in a different division.

"i'm good, no worries." you assured. "anyways, don't we have an event to oversee, lady keqing?"

she rolled her eyes at the formality, "yes of course."

acting as keqing's personal escort (as well as your own business), you two entered the building as you passed many men and women in formal wear. keqing had worn a deep purple dress that ended at her knees while the back was slightly longer in comparison. small butterflies had been embroidered around her waist and bust area. her hair still in her signature pigtails while the ends were curled. keqing's vision laid on the back of her neck, held by a neck piece that went along with her dress.