🌞 Chapter 11 🌞

Mew saw the panic in Gulf eyes. His gaze then moved to Gulf right hand, which was holding Kao's own. Gulf saw that Mew noticed and tried to pull it away from Kao, but Kao only tightened his grip, all the while smiling at Mew.

"Uh...," Gulf began.

"Kao,what happened to your face?" Yaya asked.

"It's my fault, Mew. I just need to get him to the clinic." Gulf succeeded pulling away his hand from Kao, but still, he couldn't look at Mew in the eye.

Mew took him by the hand and was about to pull him away from the mess, when Kao also took his other hand and pulled him another way.

"Ugh, what's going on here? Yaya asked.

"Please, stop this," Gulf said. But the two guys would not quit. They both had their hands in Gulf's wrists. "Let go of me, please." He looked at Mew and pleaded with his eyes. Mew let go of him first. Gulf then shook Kao's hand and said to him. "I'm really sorry about what happened to your face," before he took off, not looking back.

Mew was about to follow Gulf, but he could see people already forming a crowd around, whispering about "the guy who made a scene." He didn't  want anyone talking about Gulf anymore, he didn't deserve it. He had to trust him, even when he asked him not to talk with Kao. Gulf had to have a good enough reason. Mew had to believe  Gulf even when all evidences pointed the other way.

🍀

Kao usually waits for the after class crowd to dissipate before heading out of the room. This time he was joined by Mew, who approached h as soon as their last classmate was gone. He dropped a package on his desk. Kao opened it to find his own hooded jacket, the one Gulf wore that night they spent in the elevator.

He sneered at Mew before putting it in his backpack. "I knew that package was for me."

"It was not for you- it was yours to begin with anyway," Mew said.

"Well, still, you shouldn't have made a scene like that," Kao asked.

"You shouldn't have held his hand like that," Mew said,s shaking his head

"What the-"

"Look, Kao. I know that you knew already. So leave Gulf alone "

"I won't leave him alone."

"Wow, you have such a nerve! He's my husband!"

"On the paper! You don't even care about him!"

"And hiw would you know that?"

"I can see it."

"You don't know the story."

"I think I know enough."

Whatever. Just leave my husband alone."

Mew was about to leave the room when Kao said in a quiet yet resolute voice,

"You don't value Gulf enough. You do know that I can take your husband away from you, right?"

Mew turned to face him, looking angrier by the second. He was about to lose it when the door burst open.

"Whose husband?"

The two turned to the door to find Yaya.

Kao could see that Mew was of two minds. He's now looking at neither of them, his hands in his pocket.

"Whose husband?" Yaya asked again.

Mew looked up at her, already red in the ears  with fury.

"My husband, okay? I'm married, Yaya. Married." He turned toward the door and started walking. "So why don't you shut up already?"

🌻🌻

Tbc...