🌻 Chapter 15 🌻

Gulf avoided Mew's class room all day so that he wouldn't encounter him, Kao, or even that Yaya. He knew he had to talk to Mew sooner or later but not here in school while everyone was watching.

When he finally got home, he waited for Mew in the kitchen. He looked at his phone and saw many messages and missed calls from him, but he didn't reply. He wanted to do this face to face. He knew he had to be firm about it.

He heard his car pull over in the driveway, and he felt panicky. How was he going to start the confrontation? What if Mew started hugging him again and looking at him woth his piercing eyes?

In a state of total panic, he got up and started walking toward the stair. Mew was his way to his own room as well when he bumped into him. Their eyes met for a few seconds before Gulf decided to ignore him and go up to his room. He then felt Mew's hand on his arm.

"Gulf," Mew said.

Why was it that Mew only had to say his name naf he was willing to let down his guard? He stopped walking but wouldn't meet Mew's eyes still, not because of anger or anything but because he didn't know what to say or how to say what he wanted to say.

"Gulf, whatever you saw, it didn't mean anything "

"But-" He looked at him, and Mew eyes bore into his pleadingly. "Why did you have to take her to school in your car?"

"Gulf? Are you jealous?"

Mew looked at him again with those eyes. He couldn't distinguish if this was all real for Mew or just one of Mew's acting exercises. He didn't want to be persuade that easily.

"No...I.."

"But why did you react tht way?"

Gulf could no longer speak. He didn't want him to know how much everything affected him.

"I just.. I just don't like Yaya. She's such a bitch!"

"Gulf!"

"Why? It is true. He's such a bitch, acting like she's a big deal when she's not."

"Gulf?"

"What? And then you even opened the door for her and held her hand! I mean, come on!"

"Gulf, it's not like that."

"Then what is it? Tell me! Because it's really annoying to watch."

Mew explained how Yaya took his car keys and only promised to give them back if he opened the door for her. After he explained, Gulf felt so stupid and gulity for trying to make things even between them by going out with Kao, when in fact there was no score to even out.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"You went out with Kao!"

Gulf couldn't look at him. He couldn't tell him that while he was with Kao, all he could think of was him. Becauseif he did, Mew would have the upper hand. Mew would know just how badly affected him.

"That... That was nothing," He stammered as he started climbing ul the stairs. He heard Mew following him.

"You're not jealous?"

"No!"

"You're not? Really? Tell me the truth, Gulf."

Whe they got upstairs, near his bedroom, he looked at Mew and could see that it was taking all of his strength not tk show his ego. Here Mew was, humbling himself, but still he found himself denying his feelings.

"I am not! Why would I be jealous? You're a playboy! You're just an actor, playing roles wherever you go.."

Mew looked positively hurt. He looked at Gulf one last time, as if he were on the verge of crying , and then turned to go. Gulf felt so guilty for what he just said. It was the jealousy and the anger talking.

When Mew finally reached his bedroom door, Gulf ran toward him and hugged Mew from behind.

"I'm sorry, Mew. Yes, I'm jealous. That's why I went out with Kao inthe first place. And now I realize I shouldn't have."

Mew turned around, and Gulf loosened his hug. This time, it was Mew who hugged him.

"I'm just so confused because I don't know what we are."

"We're husbands."

"But you don't even treat me that way!"

Mew looked at him then.

"Well, how would you like to be treated?"

"I don't know... Just don't pretend like we don't know each other in school."

Mew sighed heavily.

"I just don't want you to get caught up in this mess. I mean, look what's happening now."

"I know, but... I don't want people thinking I'm just some fan."

"Fine, We'll have lunch together from now on. And we'll go to school together."

Gulf smiled. "Promise?"

Mew kissed him on his forehead and said, "Yes, promise."

🌻🌞🌻🌞🌻

Tbc...

Double update for this day.. tomorrow I'll update Chapter 16 and 17. I'll check the typos before I posted it.

And for now. I'm going to do my duty as Pharmacy Assistant. 😁😁😁

Bye for now...see you soon.