🍀 Chapter 13 🍀

Kao looked at Gulf there in his car, and he couldn't believe it. It was there that he finally realized that he wasn't playing around when he said that he liked him. There was something quietly beautiful about him.. his innocence and his lack of pretension. Gulf was a breath of fresh air.

He hated just how much Mew could affect Gulf so, could make Gulf frown that way he was doing right now. He nudged Gulf and he seemed surprised to be in his car. He had taken to staring out of the window as they drove.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

Gulf just smiled tightly at him before resuming his staring out of the window bit. When they finally got caught in the traffic jam. Gulf turned to him and said, "By the way, Just call me Gulf,okay? Don't call me Kana. Nobody calls me that."

"But I like calling you Kana. It makes me feel special."

Kao could feel Gulf eyes on him, but Kao didn't look back. Kao simply smiled to himself.

"This is just a friendly date, okay?"

"Yes, sir." Then he winked at Gulf.

Gulf didn't seem to notice his wink. "And we'll be in disguise?"

"No, I'll be in disguise. My sister promised to do your makeover."

Kao turned to Gulf, and he had a smirk on. More than anything, he was actually frowning even more.

"Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you're a desperate case. In fact, I think you're really pretty."

Gulf bit his lip, and Kao could see he was trying to hide a smile. He nudge him again. "There it is! Smile!"

Gulf smiled a small smile but tried to hide it away from him.

As if to change the subject, Gulf pointed out something outside the window. "See that spot?" He was pointing to a deserted bridge near thier village . It was not very conspicuous, and nobody ever stopped there. "I like that part because when I shout, my voice would echo back to me because it's in between two concrete walls."

Kao smiled. Only Gulf could possibly be interested in something like that, and he was happy to be taking this drive with Gulf.

"Why do you insist on going out with me?"

"You want the truth?"

"Yes."

"For me, this is not a friendly date. I really like you."

Gulf turned to him before looking down at his lap. "You can't."

"Why not? I mean, I know you're married but it's not like you love him, right?"

"Uhm.."

"Kana?"

"Yep?"

"Do you feel anything to Mew?"

"I don't know... Sometimes I feel so angry toward him. But most of the time. I'm just confused. I feel like I love him already."

Kao didn't look at Gulf then. He focused on the road as he drove on. When finally reached destination- his sister's boutique- Gulf's eyes widened.

"Is your sister meeting us here?" Gulf asked as he took off his seatbelt.

Gulf walked into the boutique where a beautiful lady welcomed Kao with open arms. This must be his sister. She turned to Gulf, smiled and nodded at Kao before offering a hand.

"You must be Kana," she said as they shook hands. "I'm Mint." She looked at Gulf like she knew so much  about him already. She smiled at Kao and said. "I have a good feeling about this guy."