⚖️ Chapter 12 ⚖️

Yaya couldn't believe what she just heard. She watched as Mew stormed off before turning her attention to Kao, who was ready to leave. She went toward him and got dangerously near. Kao backed off but looked at her straight in the eye.

"What now, Yaya?"

"Is that true?"

"What true?"

"Mew's married?"

"Yes, Yaya. He was very clear about it too, wasn't he?" Kao strapped on his backpack, but Yaya latched on to his rm. Kao shrugged her off.

"It can't be true," Yaya said.

All this time, she thought Mew was just being a professional when he would refuse he not-so-subtle propositions. She thought that once he got to know her better during their shoot, he would change his mind about not dating co-workers.

"Well, it is."

"And you like his husband?"

"I guess you heard that too."

"I thought you already had a boyfriend. You said he goes to our school."

"I was just messing with you. Can we please not talk about this now?"

Kao wss about to leave when Yaya said.

"So his husband is the guy who's been making all this ruckus,huh? The guy who did that to you." She pointed to the patch covering the minor gash on his face.

"Yes, Kana."

Yaya rolled her eyes. She couldn't even really remember the details of his face, so he must not be that pretty to have two handsome guys fighting for him.

"That's impossible. You can't possibly like him."

"Why not?"

"Because he's not that special! I thought... I thought you liked me!"

Yaya could hear how childish she was sounding, but she didn't care. She couldn't process all this. Suddenly, she was losing all the attention she thought she had.

"You don't understand. Yaya, stay out of this. Stop getting on Kana's case. He deserves none of this mess."

"Hmm?"

"I mean, I've seen you make a scene yo embarass him. He's not just some fanboy, okay? So,please," Kao said, looking at Yaya in the eye. "Don't make a big deal out of this. You might end up hurting an innocent person." With that said, Kao left tge room.

Innocent, really? Yaya smirked. She really couldn't believe that all of this wss happening because of a guy who wasn't even that pretty or special.

🌞

Mew was looking around for Gulf after he got out the classroom when he heard Yaya calling out his name. He wanted to walk off but couldn't because he might miss Gulf, so he was forced to endure his co-star.

"Mew, can I get a ride?"

He looked at her in disbelief. He couldn't exactly push her away. There was still people milling around on the school grounds, and they might start tipping showbiz blogs about how he pushed his on screen romance off screen.

"Don't you have your own car?"

"I just got a message actually. Says here our car broke down. We can't ba late for our shoot, right? What are you still doing here, anyway?"

"Nothing..."

"Looking for your husband?"

"Will youbshut up?" Mew looked around and tried to keep his voice as low as possible."Why are you doing this? If I go down, you so down too, you know."

"Whatever, Mew. If you don't want people talking about your precious husband, then just go out with me."

"What? Are you out of your mind?"

"Quite possibly, yes, but so are you. Getting married while you're at that age."

"You don't know anything, Yaya."

Mew looked at his watch nd saw that he had about twenty minutes to get to thier location. Where was Gulf, anyway?

"So you can telk me all abkut it?" Yaya pulled his arm and yanked him toward to his car. "On our way to the location. We'll have plenty of time to talk."

"Yaya, stop, okay?"

"Do you really want me to make a scene, Mew? 'cause I can and I will."

"Fine, just get in the car."

Mew looked around for any sign of Gulf but couldn't see him. He looked at his watch and knew that he had to leave. When he got into the car, he tuned out Yaya as he message Gulf:

'Gulf, please, don't believe what anyone says. Just trust me on this.'

🌻

Gulf received a message from Kao asking him to wait for him. He was about to ignore the message and head on home when he saw Yaya approaching Mew near the entrance of the building. He hid himself in one of the deserted rooms and watched as the two talked. It ended with the two walking toward Mew's car and leaving.

He couldn't believe what just happened.

So when he got a call from Kao just as the car was leaving, he answered it and asked him where he was. Kao directed him toward his red car in the parking lot. He walked toward Kao's car, cautious and already guilty of what he was about to do. But two can play at that game, he thought as he knocked on Kao's car window. Kao rolled it down with a smile.

"Ready?"

"Okay, let's go."

===
Tbc...