🌻 Chapter 17 🌻

Gulf sneaked into Mew's car right after the class ended. They drove off without a lot of people noticing, which was relief.

As he drove, Mew started telling him what he had to do on the set.

"You can stay with Boss, that's my manager. Just don't make yourself noticeable."

Gulf was quiet, just nodding at whatever Mew said. "Boss' nice... And um, I told him about us."

Gulf was still absentmindedly just nodding. Mew no longer knew what to say, so he simply grabbed his hand. Gulf was caught by surprise but didn't let go. They simply drove on in silence until they arrived.

When they got there, Boss met them at the parking lot. Mew nodded to Boss before he went ahead. Before walking away, he said to Gulf, "Be good."

Boss led Gulf to the apartment building where the shoot was about to take a place. The whole set was busy with camera preps, and no one took notice him.

And then the queen bee, Yaya arrived. She had an assistant with her, who carried all her bags. Even when it wasn't bright out, she had her sunglasses on. When she notice Gulf, she took her shades and snorted. "Let's go that way," she told her assistant. "There's something rotten in here."

Boss put his around Gulf amd steered him away. "Don't mind her. She always been such a prima donna."

🌞

When Mew saw the part of the script that was about to be shot, he started panicking. It was a kissing scene. He had skipped reviewing this scene because he couldn't stomach the idea of kissing Yaya.

"Let's practice?" Yaya said as she arrived.

"Shut up."

Mew sat on his own, ignoring Yaya for a good thirty minutes, reading the sequence, and memorizing the lines. It was easy. He had no trouble memorizing lines anyway, and it was a short scene.

They were then called on set. Mew saw Gulf sitting with Boss and quietly talking. They met each other's eyes before Mew sat beside Yaya on sofa.

"Okay, you two, remember, you are in love, but you still can't let it out. So you just let it out through the kiss."

Mew couldn't look at Gulf. He felt like he was betraying Gulf by taking him to a shoot where he had o kiss someone else.

"Okay! Action!"

They went through their dialogue and then it was time for the kiss. Mew hated Yaya's face right then because he knew exactly what was going on in het mind. Still, he reached for her face and then kissed her-fast and hard.

"Cut! Mew, have you never kissed anyone before? That's not a romantic kiss. Okay? Make it softer."

"I liked it," Yaya said flirtatiously. It took all of Mew's force not to storm out of the scene.

They had another take. This time, it was Yaya who started kissing him boldly.

"Cut! Yaya, what are you doing? This isn't an indi film!"

Yaya laughed. "But that's how Mew likes it!"

The crew laughed. Mew knew that he had to make the next take the best so that the kissing would stop.

"Stop joking around, Yaya. Do you both need to internalize again? Remember, you can't let your feelings out yet, so you take it out on the kiss. The kiss is your only chance to let each other know how you feel."

"Okay, Direct."

During the director's instructions, Mew couldn't understand why he thought of Gulf and that one kiss they shared. Could it be true that he's just in denial about how he feels?

Think of Gulf, he thought during the next take.

"Cut!" The director shouted. "Now, that's a kiss!" He said.

Mew stood up immediately and went to look for Gulf. But he was nowhere to be found.

🌻

It was already dark out, and Gulf didn't know where he was going. The kissing scene kept replying in his mind even as he left. How could Mew have kissed her that way? Gulf knew it was all acting, but something inside him said that you couldn't possibly kiss someone that way if you didn't at least feel something for that person.

He took a cab the realized that he didn't have enough money for the fare. So when they were nearing the bridge where he usually took out his aggression, he asked the cab driver to pull over and, after saying sorry to him several times, gave hom all the money in his wallet and got off.

He stood there and started screaming, hearing his voice bounce off the walls. He couldn't care less about the people who passed him by. Just then, it started raining. He didn't know what to do and didn't know where else to go.

🌞

"Where'd he go, Boss?"

"I'm so sorry. I just took the calk from the procedure, so I had to leave the set."

"I told you not to leave him behind."

"I know. I'm sorry."

Mew dashed off the set amid the people calling out his name and telling him the shoot wasn't done. He got into his car and started calling the house.

"Anada? Is Gulf there?"

"I thought you're both at the shoot. He told me he was going there with you."

"He's not here."

"What? Did you two fight?"

"No, it's hard to explain. I'll look for him."

He then started calling Kao.

"What's up?"

"Is Gulf with you?"

"No, he's not. Why?"

"Nothing, I can't find him." He dropped the call and then started driving.

🍀

When Mew put the phone down, Kao started wondering why Mew was so panicked over Gulf disappearing. But when he was saw tht it was raining, he started worrying about Gulf too. So he got into his car and started thinking where Gulf  could be. Then he remembered the bridge that he pointed out to him on their date. That was where he went whenever he was upset. He drove straight to that place.

He drove straight to that place, and sure enough, he found Gulf standing there drenched, with a dazed expression on his face. He got out as soon as he could park the car and went straight to Gulf.

"What's wrong?" He put his arms around him and led Gulf to the car, but he wouldn't budge.

Gulf was crying. "Why is it so hard to be happy?"

"I can make you happy. Just be with me," he said.

He looked at her right in the eye but was surprised about what happened next. Gulf leaned in to kiss him, and then just as soon, he collapsed in his arms.

===♎⚖️♎⚖️====

Tbc...