Awake

Madelyn began to open her eyes slowly; she felt a weight on her head and throughout her body. Her head was killing her the most, and she was trying to remember what had happened.

Papers. She remembered papers. "They were marriage papers! Xander wanted me to marry him!" Madelyn felt her heart beating rapidly, and she closed her eyes again, trying to calm herself. When she opened her eyes, the blur in her eyes was slowly disappearing. The young woman was in Xander's room; she slowly looked around. 

He was nowhere in sight.

Madelyn let out a sigh of relief and slowly sat up. The feeling of a weight on her body was still apparent. It was bizarre; she had never felt like this before. "Maybe it is because of the stress," she thought. When she fully sat up, nausea hit her; there was a slight pain in her stomach, and she felt the need to throw up. Madelyn slowly walked to the nearby bathroom and lay by the toilet, waiting to see if she would hurl. 

"Madelyn?"

The young woman cringed and didn't want to look at him. She could hear and feel Xander getting behind her. Madelyn held onto the toilet, and then she vomited in the toilet. While vomiting, Xander began to massage her back. "What is he trying to gain?" Madelyn put her head on the toilet seat, regaining her breathing. Suddenly, Xander wanted to lift her, but she moved away. "I'd rather do it on my own." The young woman slowly stood up; she hated how weak she felt. Her legs were wobbling, and as she took her first step, she was about to trip, but Xander carried her back to the bed.

How much she wanted to scream and hit him, but her body was still too weak. Madelyn laid back on the bed, and Xander sat on the corner, but Madelyn couldn't help but notice that something was off about him. He was smiling; the smile reminded her of when they first met. A shiver went down her spine. "How are you feeling? Are you better?" he asked. 

"Still sick..."

Xander nodded as he still had a smile on his lips. "It's to be expected. I called the doctor while you were unconscious to see what happened." Madelyn had wanted to tell him it was because of him and all he had done to her. "The doctor told me the wonderful news." He stood and walked toward her. Madelyn tried moving away, but her back hit the wall; she closed her eyes, preparing for the worst. However, she felt his hand over her stomach; Madelyn opened her eyes. "You're pregnant! We're going to be parents!"

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

Madelyn felt as if her soul had left her body; her heart dropped. "I'm pregnant. Pregnant!" Her body began to tremble, and she slapped Xander's hand away! "No! No! I can't be pregnant with your child! Get out! Please get out!" She felt his eyes on her, but she didn't want to see him or for him to be near her!

Her reaction was not what Xander wanted; he wanted her to feel happy that they would have a child together. He would have the family he always wanted, but he felt Madelyn ruined the moment. However, the CEO didn't want to cause her too much stress, so he decided to leave her in peace. When the doors closed, Madelyn put her hands over her face; tears formed and dripped from her eyes. It was all too much; all the pain and suffering she felt and went through came out.

Now, she was pregnant with the monster's child—a child she didn't want, a child that was made from violence. However, what tore her heart was feeling and thinking in such a way for an unborn child who was not at fault.

"Octavio, please help..." she wept.

I don't know.