Taken

Two months passed, and tomorrow was Madelyn's big day to go abroad. Madelyn was beyond excited since she always dreamed of traveling abroad while working and studying. She knew this would be a long and challenging path, but the experience would make her stronger and even more independent. 

Octavio would get out of work to take her out to eat and help prepare her for her trip tomorrow. Madelyn knew that he wouldn't tell her where they were going, so she decided to stop asking, and she was preparing herself for later. She was in her room and changed into a lovely yellow dress with flower decorations and a thin, light brown belt on her waist. She also put a fake sunflower pin to hold two thin braids on the back of her hair. 

She went to the living room to wait for Octavio and decided to watch a movie on Netflix. To her surprise, the paparazzi and news weren't as hectic with her and Xander's situation. Madelyn wondered if Octavio had something to do with it or if the paparazzi had enough since they weren't getting anything from her. However, it didn't matter to her since she would be out of the country soon; her nightmare would end.

Madelyn also wouldn't see Xander, which relieved her. She hoped he would forget or move on since she would be abroad. Octavio told her not to put much on social media since Xander might be on the lookout. As the young woman waited, there was a knock on the door. "It must be Octavio. Coming!" She walked toward the door and unlocked the door, but she didn't look at the peephole. As Madelyn opened the door, the door was forcefully opened, and two men entered with guns pointed at her. 

Shock and fear overwhelmed her, and she was about to scream, but she didn't know that another man had come through her bedroom window and walked behind her. The men wore human-like masks that looked very realistic. The man behind Madelyn covered her mouth as he had a firm grip on her. 

Madelyn squirmed and tried to get out of the man's grip but then smelled a scent. She also felt something wet; it was a rag. That was when she realized it was chloroform and struggled more, but she was slowly losing consciousness. "Ocatav...io, h-h-hellllp...."

Everything became dark, and the men took Madelyn, covered her with a carpet-like blanket, pretended they were workers, and walked out of the apartment.

Meanwhile, Xander waited for his men to return with his prize, Madelyn. He knew she would go to the airport today and ordered his men to take Madelyn. At the moment, he was in his home looking out the window from his room while drinking a bottle of whiskey. It has been two hours since he sent his men to retrieve what was his.

As he waited, he noticed several vehicles coming to his home. He felt excited, for he told his men he would be called if they failed or something went wrong. None of that happened, which meant that everything went according to plan. From afar, he saw that Madelyn was on the shoulder of one of the men; he smiled. He opened the door; the men entered. Xander ordered that Madelyn be put in the room he chose for her. Her leg was chained but the chains were long enough where she would still be able to walk around a certain distance. He paid his men, and they left, leaving him and Madelyn alone.

Sooner or later, she woke up, and he needed to be prepared. He sat on a chair and awaited her to wake up.

Another hour passed, and Madelyn began to wake up. Her head was filled with pain as she regained her eyesight and saw she was in a room. Confusion hit her. She remembered the men with the guns. She sat up and noticed that she was in a room she did not recognize and that her right leg was chained. As Madelyn looked around her, she stilled in fear as she saw him. The man she never wanted to see again. "You! Xander, what are you-!?"

He sat with his arms crossed and smirked. "I am glad you are awake and well. I was worried you would have gotten hurt."

"Why am I here?! What happened!?"

"You are home where you belong. Where you have always belonged."

Madelyn shook her head, and that was when she realized everything. "Don't tell me you did all this!?"

Xander applauded. "Well done. Quite intelligent, as I have admired about you. Yes, I could not allow what belonged to me to get away. Like I told you before, you belong to me."

"You are crazy!"

"Crazy? Perhaps, but for you. I am doing what any man would do for the woman he loves. I am just taking the extra step for you."

Madelyn felt as if she was going to explode. She tried to find the right words, but nothing came out. She then yelled for help and noticed Xander chuckle. "Cute, but it is pointless. No one can hear you. I made many preparations for your arrival. You will not escape me, my love." He stood from his seat and was about to leave the room. Before he left, Xander looked at her. "I will order takeout, for I know you will be hungry. Once we finish eating, there will be time for us. You should have never rejected me, my love. Now you will eventually know how much I love you." He left.

Madelyn felt fear and screamed with all her might, but nothing came out. She f nally accepted that she was kidnapped and her captor was obsessed with her. A dangerous obsession he held for her. She h ped that Octavio would know soon that she was taken away.