Chase

Everyone heard the police sirens from afar. Many thought the police were going elsewhere, but since the sound of the sirens was coming their way. Everyone realized what was going to happen. Xander was enraged as he eyed the men. "Who in the hell is responsible for this!?"

"Who else? Me." Sander let out a chuckle. "As law enforcement, one must think of the different possibilities. I sensed you wouldn't play fair, so you might as well play your game."

Xander bit his lower teeth. "It will be a waste; we are underground, and they won't be able to find us here," Sanders smirked. Xander noticed. "Search him!" One guard patted Sanders, and a small chip was seen when he removed the left shoe."

"I have friends in high places that know a lot about technology. This chip tells the others our exact location and numbers so they know we are underground."

Xander began to shake as his rage intensified. 

"It's not going to end well with you, Xander. It would add to the years you are sentenced to prison if you kill us. This is something that the media will not ignore. Law enforcement knows. You and I both know that this case will increase the positions of many involved." The sirens were getting louder.

"Get Madelyn; we're leaving! Kill them!" Xander motioned two of the guards to move Madelyn forcibly. She screamed for Octavio and Sanders as she exited the secret underground.

"Madelyn!" screamed Octavio. Meanwhile, one guard got out a gun and pointed it at Octavio first.

"Wait, young man. You don't need to do this! I know you were ordered to kill us, but you have no grudge against us," said Sanders.

"It's an order."

"True, but your boss left you all here. You all work for him because he pays you. Look, my co-workers will find this place, and they will catch you. They are nearer than you think. Your boss just left you all. How will you all be sure that he will pay you?"

None of the men answered. All they did was look at one another. "Look, I know you're doing your job, but do you want to ruin your lives for a man who doesn't care what happens to you? You all have your lives ahead of you. Let us go and leave now. You all have your chance to start over."

"How will we know that you'll rat us out."

Sander rolled his eyes. "How can I since there are many of you? I don't know your names either. I'm an old young man! You have the chance to go. All we want is Xander, so please let us go so we can save the young lady!"

It was quiet for a few seconds, and the guard put his gun away and undid Sanders' restraints. "We're leaving."

Octavio helped Sanders stand. "Thank you, young man. You all should get going."

"The vehicles are in the garage. Good luck." All the guards ran out of the underground hideout. Octavio and Sanders also got out and ran to the garage. 

"You're good."

"When you work with criminals, you have to think like them. One must also be prepared. We need to get to Xander and Madelyn."

The men got to the garage, got the keys, and took one of the trucks. "Where do you think they might be headed?" asked Octavio. 

"Don't know, but they can't be far. To our luck, they left some tire tracks." Sanders noticed the compartment, opened it, and saw a cell phone. "Thank god for our luck!" He got the cell phone and dialed a number. "Hey, Xander escaped with two guards and with Madelyn. The left is on a black SUV. Tell the others to keep track of them! My partner and I will go after them, too!" He hung up.

"How do you know he's on an SUV?"

"Come on, Octavio. Xander feels too good to get on one of these. Now we have to go and get that bastard! I'll be able to retire with style and go home to my beautiful, nagging wife!" Sanders sped off.

Meanwhile, Xander held onto Madelyn as she struggled to escape his grip and the guards. The other guard was driving the SUV. "Sir, where should we head off to!?"

"I have a private airport, and I just called my pilot to get the plane ready!"

"Let me go! I won't go with you!" yelled Madelyn.

Xander got a hold of her chin. "Shut it and behave. You and I are going far away, my dear. Now that Octavio is dead, nothing can keep you away from me."

Madelyn screamed as she began to try kicking and punching, but she was overpowered.

"Sir, we are being followed!"

Xander looked back, and it was one of his gardeners' trucks. When he looked carefully, his eyes became wide open. "It's that detective and Octavio, but how are they alive!?"

Madelyn: My hearted. Heart almost skipped a beat. "They're alive!? Octavio is alive!" she told herself. Tears formed. She then heard sirens from afar. Madelyn knew that they would be surrounded; she would be free. However, the young woman knew Xander would have something on his sleeve.

"I had enough of those bastards!" He then motioned his hand to the driving guard, who reached the compartment and took out a gun. The guard gave it to Xander. Xander opened the window, motioned the weapon gun, and began shooting toward the men.

Madelyn saw that the truck dodged, but some bullets hit the truck. She had enough. With all her strength, she got away from the guard's grip, got to Xander's arm, and pulled his gun in the opposite direction. He accidentally pulled the trigger, shooting the driver. It made the SUV swirl out of control.

Octavio and Sanders watched as what was unfolding before them. The SUV lost control and swirled out of the highway, hitting a tree hard. Both were shocked and worried for Madelyn. They parked the truck. Octavio got out immediately while Sanders was calling his colleagues their location on the cellphone. 

Madelyn opened her eyes and saw the occupants down. She went by the guard, who was either dead or unconscious and got out of the SUV. Blood dripped from her forehead from the impact. She then saw Octavio running towards her. "Madelyn!"

"Octavio!" She was about to run to him but felt an arm around her neck and something cold on her head. It was Xander putting a gun on her head.