Development

It had been two days, and Xander was in his study doing some paperwork. Within the two days, Madelyn didn't want to see or speak to him. Deep down, he was getting frustrated, but at the same time, he didn't want to stress her out too much, especially since he didn't want her to put their unborn child at risk. The businessman wanted to see her but decided to give her space.

Xander felt that she would eventually give in. Madelyn had no other option. He understood that Madelyn was shocked and angry that she was pregnant, but a woman would develop mother instincts and love her child. Since Madelyn is pregnant with his child, she is trapped and will have nowhere to go. How would she ever be able to care for a child alone?

If she did escape or refuse to marry him by some miracle, he would do everything in his power so that she would not be hired anywhere. Xander would also make it so that she wouldn't be able to rent or buy a place; she would have to rely on him. He smirked as he stopped with his paperwork and then looked at the marriage papers. Xander knew that Madelyn would try everything she could not to sign the papers but stall them. However, the CEO refused to give her the time of day. He stood from his seat and decided that he had changed his mind. It was the perfect time to make her sign the papers. He went to Madelyn's room, knocked on the door, and entered the room.

Madelyn sat by the window as she drew something in a sketchbook that he had bought for her. She didn't look at him. "What are you drawing, my love?" The young woman didn't respond or look at him. "That's not very nice, my dear. I have given as much time and space as you needed. I do miss being with you and talking with you. How are you and our baby feeling?" She still didn't answer, and Xander had enough. He immediately took her sketchbook and threw it on the bed. Madelyn glared at him. "Now that I have your attention, I need to talk to you about something." He then put the paperwork in front of her. "Sign the papers."

Madelyn realized that it was the marriage papers. "I won't sign them."

Xander raised an eyebrow, and he was shocked at her tone. "What did you say?"

She slowly looked at him. "You heard me; I will not sign them."

"Ha! Ha! Ha! All of a sudden, you have a voice. Very cute you-"

"You think that you can use the unborn baby as an advantage against, but no. I would rather die than marry you."

"You would risk our unborn child's life for your selfishness?"

This annoyed Madelyn; she was tired of hearing his insanity. Xander was not sane or human in her point of view. She was tired of his abuse and manipulation. "Selfish? You are such an abusive narcissist. Is it selfish that I wanted to pursue my career and dreams? Was it selfish of me to gain knowledge and experience to help others? You are the one who couldn't accept rejection; you kidnapped and raped me and now impregnated me. These two days made me realize that I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world if they had you as a role model to follow. You are nothing more than a monster."

Xander felt his boy shaking in anger. He got a hold of her arm and pulled her up. "No matter what, you will never leave until you sign those papers. If you don't, I will make sure that-"

"Do what you want. I don't care if this baby survives or not. It's better than having it be born into your world. You can threaten me all you want or try to kill Octavio. He is not easy to kill. I know he will rescue me."

This is not what Xander had imagined. She was willing to risk their child's life. He was about to say something, but then his cell phone rang. It was his lawyer. Xander left Madelyn alone in her room, falling to the ground. Her legs no longer had strength. However, she heard Xander yell on the other side of the door.

She knew something was wrong with him.