Ch 7 - Trap

Obito woke up to the sound of the rustling leaves

Obito woke up to the sound of the rustling leaves. The young Uchiha had just woken up and was yet to process the series of events that occurred during their team practice. But when he did, the boy sprung up and examined his surrounding. The previous moldy alley was replaced by bright and healthy grassland and the filthy smell of the narrow passage was washed away by the smell of overgrown grass.

Obito was not sure where he was right now, was this some barren training ground that was farther than the main village place? Or was he not inside Konoha at all?

After he had finished exploring the green field, Obito decided to venture away from the clearing and into the wild and thick forest that was covered with tall trees as much as his eyes could see. The jungle gave an eery and unsafe vibe but Obito gulped his fear and walked into the unknown. 'I'm gonna be a Hokage, some patch of trees can't scare me' he thought, trying to stay optimistic.

.

Rin was befuddled. After the blinding light died down, her teammates were missing and the kunoichi was left alone. Even the scroll disappeared so she couldn't even investigate where her friends were taken through.

'I'll just note it as a trap for now.' She sighed and started to look around the market for clues.

But instead of clues about her partners, she found a second scroll! That caused her to be more perplexed. If finding the scroll was that easy, why did it take them so long to find one, and a trap in that?!

But before she approached it, she followed Kakashi's way and tested any trap with a clone. Rin even took the extra precaution and opened made her clone open the scroll to see if anything unnatural happened. Her clone was about to hand her the scroll but a kunai flew right on it and the clone dispersed.

Since her clone was broken, the information she collected was filled to her. The scroll told that this was the right scroll and to submit it in front of the academy while Sasuke and Minato will try stopping her.

The brunette's head shot up towards the way the kunai came from, while her hand stretched to take out her weapons and hide her scroll.

"Your response is too slow, Rin, we have to work on that" Minato told as he teleported where the kunai he used previously was at.

Rin gulped as she took some distance from her teacher and was ready to attack. Though she looked somewhat prepared to fight outside, the brunette's mind was actually spinning. How was she supposed to fight her instructor alone when she couldn't do it even with her teammates. This Masaomi Sasuke either overestimated them or underestimated the yellow flash.

.

Before he opened his eyes, Kakashi slowly reached out for his weapon pocket.

"That is a smart move, Kakashi-san, but you should've at least opened ur eyes to examine in what situation you are." Sasuke monotonously lectured sitting in a branch of the tree right above the chunnin, boring his eyes at the silver head. "Your enemy might be paying attention to you just like I am, what will you do th-"

But before the Jounin could finish his statement, Kakashi threw two shurikens in the direction his voice came from and jumped to take distance. Sasuke jumped out of the tree into the ground, "Remember what happened before you woke up?"

Right then, the chunnin recalled the scrolls and narrowed his eyes, "Where am I and what happened?" he demanded an answer, as his guard rose up.

"I'm afraid you have to answer that yourself." Sasuke took out his own pair of kunai and pointed it towards the silver head. "Unless you defeat me."

.

Sorry this part is so short :( I just felt that the next scene would be better written on a separate.