Ch 2 - Detailed Interrogation (1)

When Inoichi and Hiruzen stepped into Sasuke's mindscape, they were quite taken aback by their surrounding

The previous grounds of the T&I chamber changed to that of a dry battlefield. Corpses littered everywhere as the sun shone brightly, making the ground sizzling hot. Inoichi wondered what must a person go through to have their mindscapes look like this. He went through many minds and they were mostly made of the place they saw the most in their life. It would mostly be their village or house but a battlefield? Not even war veteran's mind revolved inside a battlefield!

Getting out of his daze, the Yamanaka formed the tiger sign and 'summoned' Sasuke.

When the Uchiha materialised, he nodded, pushing the small part of him wanting to inquire about this jutsu.

Inoichi began walking at a certain directions while the other two following behind. Obviously, the Yamanaka knew what he was doing. "The path of memories is always southeast." he gave a brief explanation.

The trio walked for another fifteen minutes. None tried sparking a conversation. For all Inoichi and Hiruzen knew, Sasuke would try ambushing them in the mind where they are the weakest. And as for Sasuke, well the Uchiha didn't know how to start one.

"We are here." Inoichi informed.

Hiding his confusion, Sasuke glanced at Hiruzen searching in what exactly they were looking at. There was nothing here, so where exactly are they. The kage seemed to notice his confusion and answered "Look at Inoichi's palm. That's your memories." He explained.

Looking at the said man's hand, the Uchiha saw a square paper. Despite his dissatisfaction towards the answer, the ravenette nodded anyway.

Wordlessly, Inoichi sent a bit of chakra to the a paper before darkness engulfed the three.

...

The next thing they saw was the a familiar sight of the Uchiha Compound. This confirmed that Sasuke actually was an Uchiha, or atleast knows one.

But it was dark, no shop was open and not a person moved.

"I made sure to see only the important parts of your life." Inoichi said to which Sasuke nodded.

Just then, in came to scene, Sasuke Uchiha. No more than eight, he ran inside the compound, taking no notice of the dim place surrounding him. Carrying a soft smile.

Until he tripped.

Over a body.

Inoichi's eyes widened at the scene before he turned his eyes to look at the present Sasuke.