Ch 12 - Who are you? (2)

"Who are you?" Sasuke scoffed at the question

"Who are you?" Sasuke scoffed at the question. All they do is ask him the same question over and over again.

Teleporting behind the snake, the Uchiha flung his head to dodge the poisoned kunai that his former(?) teacher threw at him. Blocking the punches thrown towards himself the sannin used explosion tags to bring distance between the two Ninjas. Moving back, Sasuke froze as he recognized the binding trap he had stepped on to.

Orochimaru smirked, "Well that was a fun exercise." His voice was arrogant, "Now who are you?"

Sasuke frowned before questioning, "How did you know."

Maybe it was Orochimaru's pride but the snake foolishly answered, "As a bad liar, I can't help but tell, your name was on the scroll of summoning contracts. Now then, who are you?"

Sasuke didn't speak instead he raised his arm and pointed to his right, Orochimaru cautiously looked in the pointed direction and Sasuke smiled mockingly, "Who am I? An Uchiha of course."

The sky broke and it was only then that Orochimaru had found himself out of a genjutsu and bound by a more powerful jutsu than what he had used on Sasuke. The direction Sasuke's illusion pointed stood Sasuke who held his head up.

But if this was enough to ensnare Orochimaru then might as well give the Sannin title to just anyone. The snake's body started to dislocate itself and slip away from the jutsu's grasp. Normally the snake wouldn't use these jutsus because it might arise suspicion towards him but the snake had already realized that his opponent is on the stronger side.

"Give up snake I'm not here for idle sparring," Sasuke said, dodging the said reptile's feeble attacks.

Alas, he ended the wild goose chase, taking the sannin with the same poisoned kunai that was once pointed at the blunette himself.

"Who are you?" Orochimaru asked as he stopped struggling. After all, it was meaningless. After another ten minutes of sparring, the snake had already realized that Sasuke was letting him off easy.

And for a second the snake was in trance. It now made sense, how the uchiha clan was essential for the founding of the leaf. How they kept up with the Senju. This was power. an immeasurable, yet a cursed one.

"That's none of your concern, it's the white snake that wants to see me, no? Take me to her then." Sasuke dug the poison down, he couldn't help but find this Orochimaru to be extremely weak. Then again this Orochimaru had yet to taste the flavor of forbidden jutsu.

In the end, Orochimaru gave in and showed Sasuke the path to ryuchi cavern. However, he had refused to accompany the Uchiha as he didn't want to deal with the eccentric snake sage and wanted every minute for his research.

Sasuke did not have many opinions over the snake's troublesome search for immortality but with the last bit of humanity left in him, the Uchiha left a piece of advice "You should stop that research of yours before its too late. if death is when you lose everything how different is it from immortality where you eventually lose everything except your life?'

For a moment Orochimaru was taken aback by the wise comment but two-sentence wasn't enough to persuade him anyways, "Aren't you poetic, Uchiha-san?"

Sasuke's face remained stoic, different from the more talkative Masaomi that the snake had interacted with, "Suit yourself, but if I see you interfere with my business, there will be consequences " and with that, the Uchiha disappeared

The Sannin didn't realize that he was holding a breath till now. That man sure was dangerous. 'Yet another variable.' he thought. For now, the snake decided to listen to the Uchiha and not pry however in the future he was sure that they will cross paths once again.

"I should get the antidote for this." he hissed at the cut caused by the poisonous kunai.

A poisoned snake, he mused to himself

.

Sasuke entered the eerie cave, his ears tingled from the underlying sounds of snakes. A strong genjutsu was cast upon him which he presumed is the trial that the white snake age makes her guests go through.

'What inconveniences.' he sighed inwardly. Visibly cutting the fake scenario with his sword, Sasuke said for the winds to carry to its receiver "I'm not here for your entertainment, I am Sasuke Uchiha, the one you were complaining about; come out before I tear your precious cave down, snake." his voice was as arrogant as his stance.

"That Orochimaru... trying to evade meeting me whenever he can." came before him a large snake with a turbine in her head, it seems she had teleported him to her. "What vulgar human dares to let his head touch the sky when talking to-"

The snake cuts herself and stares at the said vulgar human for a good minute. the other snakes didn't dare interrupt as they knew how troublesome their head was towards any disturbance.

"Would you look at that, your as old as jutsu itself, but are yet to be born. What brings such a peculiar... passenger of time here? Had jutsu come to an end?"

"That is none of your concern, snake. I just came to make sure there's no fuss the next time I summon one of your kind.' Sasuke deemed the snake wise but was outwardly ignorant.

The snake laughed sinisterly, "It doesn't matter what you came for, if you cross me again I'll gobble you whole" She threatened but it had little effect at the one directed.

"Even if I don't relinquish your summoning ability, I want the ryuchi cave to do nothing with your fight." Truly the snake was not interested in anything unaffiliated to her cave.

Sasuke nodded and merely disappeared.

For the rest of the day, the white snake sage remained dazed. when her subordinates asked, she vaguely replied"The future that stopped is being forced to commence was again."

.

A knock was heard through the door of Hiruzens' busy office and a young scribe walked in, "Lord Hokage, the mission you told to be on the lookout for has been submitted." Said scribe presented a document containing the information about a certain A-rank mission.

Hiruzen nodded, "you may leave." And as commanded the kage was left alone with his workload.

Scheduling a meeting with Sasuke for the next morning, he kept the file for later discussion.

神無毘橋
Kannabi-kyō

神無毘橋 Kannabi-kyō