Ch 6 - A dubious test

More chapters will be published after charging my phone

In the span of ten minutes when Sasuke left, Kakashi disappeared with nothing but leaves in his stead. Determined to beat his rival, Obito left a minute later and ran in the direction of the Village's center. Rin hesitantly also walked to the Hokage tower.

Sasuke closed his eyes in slight disappointment as their chakras part ways. From what he knows, they also had the bell test. So they should know that sticking together will benefit them, but these stubborn boys still proceeded to split.

"Haven't they gotten the lecture about teamwork?" He glanced at Minato

Minato scratched his back sheepishly, "They did. But they didn't take it to heart I guess."

"Rin and Obito had teamed up on the bell test and did pretty well. Kakashi went solo after the other two had somewhat kept me busy." He explained "So I had them pass and told them about teamwork, Obito and Rin paid attention to it but Kakashi entirely zoned it out"

Sasuke nodded; like Minato, he had already predicted that the three will cross paths and when they do, Obito and Rin will help each other, but Kakashi found them a burden and probably will avoid them, "Kakashi will pay attention from now on then."

Minato glanced at Sasuke, he couldn't understand what the man was up to but he didn't see any harm in that and went along with it.

They watched their students search for clues in different ways but ending up with nothing.

.

The search started at 10 in the morning, and it has been two hours but they didn't find any trace of scrolls.

Rin who at first wanted to do most of the work alone decided that this task is hard for one alone and thus contacted her teammates. Luckily Obito agreed after some contemplating but the brunette didn't catch a sight of Kakashi the whole time.

They sat above the Hokage monuments, trying to hatch a plan. Obito couldn't help but think that two days was a very short time, the exact opposite of what he thought about first.

"How about we first visit all the gates?" Obito had gone through all the training grounds in the East whereas Rin searched around the Hokage tower. They suspected that the market had at least one scroll hidden but the place is packed, so they were waiting till the crowd dies down. They decided to start looking for clues around the perimeter of the Village's wall and then slowly proceed closer to the heart of the village.

Thus, they started heading towards the West gate. Surprisingly, they found Kakashi questioning the chunnins on guarding shift.