Ch 14 Team without teamwork

Rin, Obito, and Kakashi camped as they reluctantly waited for the fourth member of their team to join

The three were very against this plan yet they had no choice but to give in.

Six hours passed as they waited in the woods of Tonika village. The village is situated on the outskirts of the Land of Fire, bordering Amegakure and a day of walking would lead the group to Kusagakure. And at this very village of the land grass lies the Kannabi bridge, their target.

However before they prey on the mission, the three ninjas waited for their sensei who would join them on the mission.

'But is that okay?' The three shared the same thought as they remembered the event that led to this plan.

.

Team Minato sat down on Training ground 47 and waited for their instructor to tell them his opinion.

After a solid silence of five minutes, Minato spoke, "What I am going to tell, keep it a secret." With a sentence like this, naturally, the atmosphere tensed up.

"You guys will head over to Tonika village and camp on the outskirts for three days." Minato said, "By those three days I'll join you guys after completing my mission."

At once his student met him with looks of questions and hesitance but the yellow flash continued "Listen I trust you guys and your skills, I do. But what I don't trust is these missions. Sometimes, due to a lack of finance, some missions are submitted below their actual rank. It becomes more normal and during a time like this even the T&I could submit a mission like that."

"Wait for me for three days, if I don't come then Kakashi will become the leader of the team and you guys will carry out the mission without me." Minato told "Do guys understand? "

Obito Kakashi and Rin slowly nodded, knowing full well that Minato was not going to take no for an answer. After all, if he was, he wouldn't be fooling the Hokage like he was right now. But the three also knew this plan had their best interest, nothing is as assuring as having someone like the yellow flash on their team.

.

The three rarely entered the barren village as it could be housing enemy shinobis. They had to be extra cautious now that they were near the border. Even at night, someone had to keep guard in the woods as the rest slept. It may look like paranoia to some, but such was war.

It was the third day when Minato did appear, filling his pupils with conflicted feelings. "Sorry for the wait, I ran into some rogue in the way."

"You better be, we've been waiting for days now!" Obito complained, and even though he didn't directly agree Kakashi did not reprimand his teammate this time either.

"Well let me just catch my breath for some time and then we'll make our way to the mission." Minato was indeed exhausted, fighting fleets of ninjas who wanted him dead was awful, to say the least; but with the help of Konoha's ninjas, the mission succeeded faster than expected, and at once he left to regroup with his team.