Ch 10 Care for a game of Shogi

It had been almost a month now that Sasuke had settled with the team

It had been almost a month now that Sasuke had settled with the team. Rin and Obito were improving on their skills while Kakashi was also improving with being cooperative.

After some calculations, Sasuke was able to root out some traces of Black zetsu but he had yet to find any hint where the Gedo Tree was.

'For now, all I can do is wait for the Kanabi mission.' He bit down hi nail, 'I should tell the Hokage to keep an eye about that."

"Sasuke-san!" Minato called to get the jounin's attention, "Can you report to about today's mission to the Hokage? I have something to take care off."

Minato on the other hand, has gotten more dependant on him. Like right now, he would dump the formal works to Sasuke as soon as things that needs his attention are done and spend more time with his fiance.

"Leave it to me!" Sasuke smiled as he thought 'Something to take care of my ass, your probably meeting Naruto's mom or smth'

"Well, this works out for me, I had to talk to the old man about the Kanabi bridge incident as well.' Like that, the Uchiha teleported to the entrance of the Hokage tower before walking in through the front door.

Knocking, he waited to be permitted into the room and when he was, the jounin came in contact with a crowd full of familiar and unfamiliar people whom he recognized as the instructors of the rookies this year.

"With Masaomi-san, that is all the team. Following the team number, begin your report." Hiruzen nodded as the instructors followed his order.

"Team seven, the supplies told to be taken to the Hospital was taken without any problems. And the rations for the frontline had been organized thoroughly." Sasuke presented when his turn came and zoned out afterwards.

After all the reports were completed, Hiruzen had nodded before dismissing all except "Sasuke, stay. "

Few heads turned at him before leaving. Though he knew he would be garner few eyes, he didn't like the fact that the Nara also glanced at him.

After dismissing his guards, Sasuke spoke "I need you to look out for a mission regarding the Kanabi Bridge and assign it to Team Minato when possible."

Hiruzen merely nodded "I thought you were going to keep a low profile. Why did Orochimaru and Shikaku ask about you?"

"I would have been, from Orochimaru atleast, if you hadn't made him escort me back then." Hiruzen shamelessly smirked, pissing Sasuke further.

"Well it was inevitable when it came to Shikaku. Though I don't think he'll directly confront me as you have already shown your approval to me." Sasuke said, sure that Shikaku wouldn't bother him.

But he was wrong.

"Ah yes your the new instructor that's been doing Minato's errands." Shikaku smiled, wrapping him arm around Sasuke's shoulder to keep him from running away. "What a pleasant coincidence to find you at the market."

"Ahaha, Shikaku-san was it?" Why did things never work out the way he hoped for.

"Seems like I caught your eyes, to remember my name" Shikaku laughed as he slapped Sasuke's back while doing so.

"Anyways since we met," Shikaku's eyes glinted as they reached the actual topic "Care for a game of Shogi?"

"I'm afraid I don't know how to play the game." Sasuke tried to refuse the interrogation session.

But Shikaku had never intended to back down "What? That won't do."

"After all, I was curious what a Uchiha was doing by pretending not to be one." Shikaku smiled as he stated in a low voice that the busy crowd drowned.

"..." But Sasuke didn't reply for a moment instead he stared at Shikaku's eyes that willingling stared back.

"Well that come out a bit racist wouldn't you say Shikaku-san?" Sasuke smiled "if I may bother you, can you teach me the basics of Shogi?"

Shikaku's eye stared lazily until he saw the sudden shift on red in Sasuke's eyes that quickly changed back. "There's no one better than a Nara to ask when it comes to Shogi. Let's head to my compound."

Following Shikaku, Sasuke entered the compound that was away from the market and near to the academy. Invited in, he sat at the balcony of the Nara compound, beside their backyard.

Shikaku, taking a seat opposite him took out his pieces, "Well where do u wanna start? Any knowledge or are a complete noob"

"Well I did see few acquaintance play, so I recognize some pieces." He was pretty well versed actually, Orochimaru used to force him to play Shogi back when he was under the snake. "But I do have a question."

Raising an eyebrow, Shikaku signalled him to continue, "is it possible for you to capture enemy pieces?"

Narrowing his eyes Shikaku stared at Sasuke, after a pause he laughed, "When you said u don't play shogi I guess you meant it."

"No you can't capture other pieces, Sasuke-kun." Shikaku smirked which Sasuke returned with a smile.

"Well let's play a round, let's see how much you know." Shikaku arranged the pieces as the two started their match.

" Shikaku arranged the pieces as the two started their match