Ginny Weasley

An: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a long time, I've been really focused on my other book and just life in general and I will tyr to do better, i might help if you guys had some prompts with characters you want to see but don't feel pressured! Again I am very sorry I was gone so long! This one is angsty and has PTSD from the war in it, all of the characters are still alive though just in case anyone got confused.

Y/N:

My hand was wrapped in hers while we walked down the path.

Finishing out our years in Hogwarts after the war was definitely not easy to say the least.

Thinking of all of the lives that were lost was excruciatiing and walking around those same halls just made it worse.

My family was lucky that we didn't lose anyone, especially with it being so large, the Weasleys, Harry, Herminoe, all of the adults made it too, even Sirius and Remus and Tonks made it.

Sadly not everyone was as lucky.

Not to mention that everyone had been effected by it in some way even if they didn't show it all that much or say it.

One of those being Ginny, we had been together for over two years now but we have always been together since childhood.

Best friends turned into something a lot more if you will.

Ginny had never really said anything to express her issues after the war or after she was in the chamber and I didn't make her but I could tell they had a toll on her.

I saw the way she jumped when there were loud noises, the look of panic she held for a breif moment before recomposing herself to look as if it had never happened.

She didn't think anyone saw it but I know most of us do, I've talked to some of her siblings and parents about it but we really aren't sure what to do.

I just try to comfort her as much as I can, reminding her that we aren't there anymore, the pillar didn't fall and everyone was okay.

Though I knew that last part was a lie, I know there were many loud noises during the war but I also know that none except the pilar bothered her.

She would wake up from nightmares and mumble about it for at least ten minutes after.

"I'll be back soon, love, I need to get some things." I smiled to her.

She nodded and released my hand while I headed down the hall for my dorm.

During the war a death eater struck a piliar with a particulary strong spell, I was standing right under that pilar fighting another death eater.

Everything was so loud that I couldn't hear the rocks cracking and the pilar beginning to fall.

I only noticed it when it was to late, the death eater jumped from it and a rock smashed my shoulder and I was sent flying to the ground.

The rocks breaking on the ground beside me caused bangs as loud as cannons to sound around the broken school.

The more they fell the worse it got, by the time the bangs finally stopped, I was bloodied and bruised with my ears ringing.

I could barely hear the screaming, I can still picture the look on her face clear as day.

The terror she held when she saw me, the rest of her family rushing after he while she sprinted to me, George and Fred staying by her side and fending off death eaters from all angles.

I'm not exactly sure when all of the death eaters had been defeated and Voldemort had died but I was still on the ground when it happened.

It was like I could see everything but I couldn't move or feel it, I felt numb.

She had brshed her hand along my bruised cheek with tears streaming down her face, I could tell she was speaking to me but no matter how hard I think, I can never figure out the words she was syaing.

By that time, everyone in our little group had shown up at my side and Madam Pomfrey was tending to my wounds and slowly I was able to feel again.

Ginny helped me sit up and I leaned on her still not able to walk or function as much as I'd like.

She had picked me up and her and her family had aparted back to the burrow where she laid me upstairs in her room... well our room. We hadn't really told anyone we were together at that point so I was still able to sleep in her room.

It took hours for me to talk again, all of it still frsh in my mind, she hadn't been the same sense that.

She was protective before but that had definitely amplified afterward, she was also very consious of our surroundings and kept me close.

Then I started to notice her aversion to loud noises and it just pregressively got worse from there. Our relationship is strong and happy and healthy but I want to help her.

I want to make sure she isn't suffering because of the PTSD from the war, I have to talk with her sooner or later and I was planning on it being soon, tonight actually.

I grabbed the books I had come in for and walked back down the hall torwards her. She smiled when she saw me and took my hand back in hers, pulling me gently to her side.

We walked out to the courtyard hand in hand, finding a spot on the grass underneath a tree.

I tried not to picture the things we saw here, the gruesome things that happened.

Instead I focued on her, she began to talk about her Quitiach. I loved it when she spoke about things she was passionate about.

Then it all stopped.

One of the boys across the yard let out a small firework, a bang went off. Loud enough to be heard by everyone but not enough to make your ears bleed.

Everyone stopped for a minute, I felt two arms wrap aroun my torso and pull me quickly against a soft chest.

I could feel her harsh breathing, I immediatly turned around but she tried to keep hold of me.

I gently removed her arms and cupped her face in my hands, her breathing was still ragged and I held her tighter.

"Ginny, love, breathe for me okay?" I whispered.

She tried to my match my breaths to calm her own, I nodded giving her small kisses of encouragement while her breathing began to slow once more.

After a few minutes I spoke "Ginny..."

"I don't wnat to talk about it"

I sighed "I know, love, but we have to. I can't have you getting hurt if your PTSD gets worse."

"Well I can't just fix it can I?" she snapped.

I knew she didn't mean it, she always got defensive on this and I was alright with that.

"It will take time Ginny, I know that. We have to try though."

"How?"

"I'll help you, whenever you hear something loud or something that sets it off just try to focus on the fact that I'm here. The pilar didn't get me"

I laughed a little trying to lighten the mood.

"How do you know thats why?"

"Not important my love, now lets get back to the dorms for a nice nap hmm?"

She nodded and let me pull her to her feet, she still stayed close and held me tight.

I smiled knowing we could finally move from this, into a new time where the war didn't cling to everything we did.

We would get through it, and I would help her no matter what, always.

------------------------------------------------
An:1314 Words! I hope
you liked this one! I'm
sorry I was gone for
so long again!