Chapter 39: Over Ice (Part 2)

The heat of her mouth when it collided with his could have easily melted all the ice in Aelford. A mixture of Ale, and heaven, the taste of her nearly silenced all thoughts in him, and as quickly as she had kissed him, he had her pinned against the wall.
His motion swift and without delicacy, like an angry wave crashing against a rocky shore.

Adelaide moaned, her arms quickly snaking around his neck, and gripping  him tightly as if her life depended on it.
In a haze of passion they stumbled through the open door of her chamber and towards her large, canopied bed.
It wasn't until the queen was pulling the prince onto the bed that his senses returned to him; a slicing of pain cut through his ecstasy as he remembered himself, their circumstances, and the harsh reality that the queen was in fact, quite drunk. Anger at their situation returned, along with a spark of his old, villainous spite.

He allowed her to pull him onto the bed, and next climbed atop her, but did not kiss her again, instead he grabbed her arms and pinned them beside her head.
"Thank you for this princess..."
He addressed the queen, drawing out that formerly most unwelcomed nickname.
He lowered his mouth and began gently teasing the side of her neck with his mouth, causing her to squirm with pleasure, her skin aching to feel his.
"For now at least I will leave with some consolation for my broken heart."
He spoke raspily into her skin, the old, familiar villainy further creeping further into his voice.
He released one of her hands to trail his down her body and slide it under her skirt.

"Your actions now tell me a secret your lips would never dare,"
He continued.
"For it is remarkably difficult to be dishonest when drunk." his fingers lighting a slow, fiery path up her ankle, knee, and then inner thigh as he spoke.
Her breath shallowed and her hips rose slightly from the bed in anticipation of his nearing contact with her womanhood.

"The secret my dear, the one that will stop my heart from growing cold again once distance is between us and you lay in the bed of another?"
He posed the statement as a question, one that only he seemed to know the answer too.
His fingers stopped their climb and the very top of her inner thigh, not quite touching her, but near enough that she could feel the heat of his hand at her core.

He brought his face back down until his lips were only a breath away from hers.
"Yes, I may have to live with the fact that your heart belongs to him; but you Princess," he seethed, pausing almost hatefully.
"Shall have to live with the fact that your body, so clearly, belongs to me."
With that he yanked away his hand away and stormed towards the door.

He stopped sharply right at the door, as if forcing himself. He took in a sharp breath before letting out a long exhale.
Unable to turn around and look at her, but knowing he would be unable to live with himself if the last thing he ever said to the woman he loved was something spoken in anger, he spoke again.
"Farewell Adelaide. I really do wish you the best."