Part 13: Kiss To Chill

Despite the chill the stormy weather had brought up to the mountain, Simon woke up warmer than ever.

He blinked his eyes open and tried to push away the residual headache last night's clumsy fall had left him with.
The scent of pine, and a familiar forest greeted him, and with his eyes fully open, pleased, he found the beautiful lumberjill still clinging tightly to him, naked, and in a peaceful slumber.

Taking a deep breath, he allowed the memories of the previous night to permeate his uber relaxed current state. It took a moment, because laying in the quiet sanctuary of the wooden cabin, its four walls so far away from all that he had known before, he found it hard believe that last night had actually happened at all.
But it had. Simon accepted that his emotions had been dragged all over the place, so extremely in such a short amount of time, and he felt almost hungover from it; from his frantic panic waiting for her return to the cabin, to his clumsy fall on the steps when he couldn't take it anymore and tried to foolishly go out and search for her, the relief he felt to awake to her standing over him in concern, then only to be decimated with the news of Adelaide's tragic demise.

Simon thought to the hours he had spent crying in Delilah's arms and how she'd held him with so much care as he tried to come to terms with the fact that he would never see his dear princess again. But surprisingly, the runaway carriage ride his emotions of yesterday night had been on were seemingly blown out of the water by what had transpired in that grand finale of passion between himself and the woman beside him.

He allowed himself to think back to it, past the fear and pain, to everything that he had felt with Delilah, and how it had been unlike anything he had ever imagined, even before, with Adelaide.
Simon had always been so reserved when it came to the pleasures of the flesh. So captivated had he been with the pretty, rose haired princess throughout his youth that he had never gone through that particular right of passage; he'd never dared to frequent the brothels, the popular choice for most curious young lads, and despite quite a few attempts, he had never lost himself to the whims of any of the flirty castle maids.

Simon gulped, suddenly feeling very aware of every ridge and contour of her naked form against his still clothed one. Unable to stop himself Simon lifted up the blanket just enough and gazed down upon her naked body.
His eyes narrowed almost immediately to her breasts, and he took in their every detail, mind in a state similar to worship. They were pale and milky white from lack of sunlight, unlike the rest of her gloriously tanned, normally sun exposed skin.

Simon felt a wave of immorality, a feeling of wrongdoing, and knew he was invading her honor in a way that no gentleman ought to, but he was so intrigued, and also now slightly aroused by the naked woman beside him that he couldn't tear his gaze away.
He watched as her chest rose and fell.
Her bosom was not incredibly large, but he couldn't help but think of how well each supple mound would fit into his hands.
Next he noted how her breasts seemed softer, less swollen than they had been before, and also that in the center of each, her small, pink, and tantalizing nubs were no longer so erect, but seemed... he didn't know, relaxed almost.

Simon realized that he was now painfully hard, and that now throbbing realization, ironically, snapped him back into his better judgement. Cheeks burning at the fact that he had just been oogling a sleeping woman like some perverted Tom, gently, so as not to disturb her, he placed the blanket back over her, and then nuzzled his head back against hers.

Not gently enough it seemed, for she began to stir.
"Goodmorning, Sir Horse Master."
She greeted sleepily, a lazy smile he could make out on the half of her face that wasn't still pressed completely into his shirt.
"Actually you can just call me Sir Simon Dundst Of Aelford, Lord Of Horses, First of his Name. You know, titles smitles..." He joked, making her giggle.
"And how are you today Madam Delilah of the Mountains, Regent of the Axe, Cutter of the Lumber?"

"Very well thank you."
She gave her best attempt at sounding haughty and ladylike.
But then Delilah froze suddenly, and her eyes went wide.
"What's wrong?"
Simon did not hesitate to ask.
"W-well...," She began with a stutter, turning redder than the skin of a fresh apple.
"It's just... I just remembered that I'm naked."

"Well you might want to get used to it."
He smiled, biting back his own blush and reaching out to pull her back against him.
"I feel strongly that you will be spending quite a lot of time like that after I take you down this mountain today and marry you."

His words stunned her. Sure, she remembered his words from last night, his declaration of love and then later a promise of marriage, but those, much like most of the night had felt like it had all been a dream.
"You were actually serious about that?"
She asked, narrowing her eyes up at him.
"Of course I was serious."
He seemed almost offended by the question. "If you'll have me that is?"

Delilah felt overwhelmed with joy, her midnight eyes began to water and to keep herself from tears, she could only nod in response.
Simon beamed like a happy schoolboy, his grief and pain set itself aside so he could enjoy this moment.
The former stableboy gently brought his hand to the back of her neck and brought his lips to hers. He kissed her sweetly and it only took a moment before he could feel her salty tears of joy tickling against his cheeks.
"Delilah please don't cry." He soothed, pulling his face back just enough for him to speak to her.
"I think I did enough of that for the both of us last night."

"I know. I just can't believe what you are offering, that this is happening. Don't get me wrong Simon, I want you, I truly do, and yes of course I want to marry you, but it's just
that so long ago I resigned myself to the fate of a spinster, of being alone forever, and now the thought that that could change, that it's actually possible that I could be with you instead... You, amazing, wonderful you, it's a little overwhelming that's all."

"You'll have me then?" He asked his hot breath upon her face.
"Of course I will." She answered, but not gazing at his eyes but instead to his peach colored lips. Smirking, he waited as she closed the distance between their lips, drawn towards his mouth as if in some hypnotic trance.

________________________

A/N: Hey wattpad.
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, and good news, I'm already working on the next. While you wait, I just posted 2 new chapters of 'Arch Frenemies' for your entertainment pleasures.
Even better news, today at 2pm mountain time I will be doing a live author reading of the first two chapters on the official Bedding Camp Facebook page. Link in my bio. Please tune in as afterwards I will be taking questions about that book, this one, or any of the others. Please don't forget to vote and comment.
Love you guys,
-QueenOfGeeks