chapter 1

Peter woke up at 6 am...

In a old stiff bed with just a thin mattress. It was very uncomfortable but small little Peter could survive, after all this was better than all the foster homes he was constantly transitioned to.

"WAKE UP YOU DIRTY LITTLE ASSHOLES" Claire was heard from down the hallways. Claire was in charge of the orphanage, she wasn't very nice.

Claire ripped open all the doors while walking down the hallway. Peter stood in front of his bed, all his room chores done.

But the other kid in his room not so much. Peter waited a couple seconds to see Claire rip open his room door, Peter stood still. "Alexander why isn't your bed made?" Claire seethed out.

"what do you mean Claire? Mine is made, Peter is just trying to take the extra credit.." Alexander smirked while giving Peter a side glance. Alex immediately regretted his decision of lying. Claire grabbed Peter's wrist and dragged him downstairs to her room.

"Peter-" Claire was cut off by her boyfriend theo walking in. "Tony Stark is supposed to be coming to visit the orphanage today...to check on how much he should donate." Theo said before getting close up to Claire, "hopefully lots so we can buy more".

Peter wondered what they meant by "buying more". He was soon cut out of his thoughts when Theo spoke up.

"Oh yes I forgot about you're punishment, but we'll save that for later" Theo chuckled

"hmm alwight um who's mister stawk?" Peter said while looking up at the couple. Claire looked down at Peter "none of your business". Theo kicked Peter out of their room.

Peter ran up the stairs back to his room.

...
(hour later)

"CHILDREN GET SOMETHING PRESENTABLE ON THEE MR STARK IS COMING HERE SOON" yelled Claire while she walked up the stairs, they always creaked when she walked up them.

Peter ran to his dresser looking for something at least a little nice. A white shirt caught his eye, Peter thought it'd be ok to wear. Peter exited his room.

"Miss Evwa" Peter said going to knock on one of the doors. He knocked and a tall teenager with blonde hair opened the door. "peterrr buddy!" She spoke while picking him up like an airplane, Peter giggled. Peter felt like Eva was a big sister to him, she was always there when Peter returned from the "punishment" downstairs. "evwa, do I look good?" peter spoke with a big grin. "oh yes Peter always but we should throw a flannel on so you can look extra sharp for mr Stark" Eva responded returning the smile. Peter nodded not really sure what flannel was he followed Eva back to his room so she could help him.

Eva threw a flannel shirt over Peter and changed him into jeans. She picked him up and set him in front of the full length mirror "lookin' sharp little dude", Peter smiled puffing his chest out. "I am so exci-" Peter was interrupted when Claire's fake voice called from downstairs "come on kiddies, come meet Mr. Stark".

Eva and Peter walked hand in hand down the stairs. setting into a line with the other children.

"We have 7 children in the orphanage right now! two teens, a 2 year old, a 5 year old, 7 year old twin sisters and a 10 year old." Claire said not introducing them by their names. "What are their names?" the billionaire spoke. "They will tell you I just have to get something real quick" Claire said giving everyone a death glare.

they all waited for the stairs to stop creaking to approach the man.

Eva introduced us all.m"hi I'm Eva I'm 15, there is Oliver who is 2 but he's resting right now, Alexander is 13, Katie and Annie are 7, Alexander's brother William is 10, last and not least... Eva pretended her hand was a microphone and made Peter say the rest.

"I'm petew and i 5" he finished while jumping in excitement. Tony smiled "nice to meet you Eva, Oliver, Alexander, Katie and Annie, William and Peter".

Eva steps forward to say something quietly but Claire walks in. "EVA WHAt are you doing?" she says. Eva walks back awkwardly smiling "oh nothing miss, just telling mr Stark a funny story about Peter". "evwa das so embawwassing" Peter pushed his lips out and crossed his arms. Tony looks at Claire who had just picked up some treats from the kitchen "Hmmm Claire do you think maybe the kids could give me a tour? I'd like learn more about them!" mr Stark blurts out. Claire knods before leaving.

Eva led the way considering she was the oldest of the bunch. Everything seemed a little suspicious to Mr Stark though. "this is peter and alexander's room" Eva says with a smile "peter made his bed all by himself, isn't that right Peter?". Peter looked up and knodded enthusiastically.

"We go to the plwayroom" Peter looked up at Mr Stark and grabbed his hand and dragged him to the playroom. He went to a shelf and pulled out a bunch of action figures "look it's Hawkeye, Thow, I forgot her name but she weally pwetty (nat) , big hulk rAwrRrr, Captain amewica and my personal favouwite IWON MAN!!!!" He played with each action figure as he said their name.

Mr Stark smiled as the little boy showed his love for all his friends (but he mostly smiled to the fact the kid adored him). Peter played with the action figure before standing up and staring at mr Stark for a minute. Mr Stark was confused fo a second before the child cracked a smile. "I made you scawed didn't I? I'm going to finally be like ironmannnnnn" Peter said in a very excited tone.

Eva walked in smiling as she watched peter smile with the man. Peter always does this when someone comes over for a tour, he tries his hardest to be the best he can be so he can finally be adopted and away from Claire and Theo but it never works. "EVAAAA, mr Stark supew nice" I give Peter a chuckle. He's already getting so attached...that's not good.

-
-
-

Tony is finally finished with the tour around the orphanage, it needs a lot of work. Tony gave them a check of 200k. Tony still found something something suspicious about everything though. Tony slips his fancy multi-million dollar glasses "EDITH show me the hidden cameras" his glasses showed a hologram of the cameras, he watched the cameras until he was met at the avengers compound. "EDITH send data to Friday so I can take a look at the footage later in my lab."

"Yes sir"

He took the glasses off and walked inside the building. Pepper rushed in "Jesus Tony what took you so long at the tour?" Tony continues walking "nice seeing you to pepper"

-
-
-

"Peter time for bed" Eva says softly to the little as his head lays softly on her lap. "Evwa I wanna sleep with you". Peter does this a lot sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't. "fine buddy, but you have to get your pjs on" Peter gets up and finds his pjs and brings them to eva's room for her to help him.

Eva helps get peter's pjs on and brush his teeth. " all clean evwa" he announces after waddling over to eva's bed. Eva picks him up and pulls him under the covers with her and the turns off the lights.
...
...
...
...

"evwa?"

"yes Pete?"

"Is this how nowmal parents awe? like claiwe?" Pete says slowly. Eva looks at his big brown eyes "No Pete, they are nothing like them". I few seconds go by before Peter says something "that's good, night evwa" he says before he lays his head on her stomach.
"good night buddy" she tangles her hand in his chestnut brown curls and his eyes completely close and he sleeps.

How could someone ever hurt a kid like this?