chapter 9

(4 years later, peter is 10)

Peter got transferred to a new school since he had to move to another part of the city for some reason, something about his mom and dad's work. Anyways wasn't a huge deal he found a friend.

Peter's new house was pretty nice, big. School wasn't a struggle for Peter, he learnt pretty fast. "PETER!" was heard from downstairs. Peter ran down the stairs to be greeted by his mom who was smiling holding a plate of pancakes. Peter stopped and smiled at his mom. Peter sat down in one of the kitchen chairs and immediately started cutting his pancakes.

Peter looked up at his mom staring at him "whaaaat?" he says. "Me and your dad have planned a vacation in a couple of days, I was wondering if you wanted to come?" She says softly. Peter nods his head enthusiastically. It was decided.

His mom began explaining "it's to Thailand, we are going to rent a beach resort there for Christmas. There won't be any snow or anything, so you'll be able to swim!"

"Woah I'm so excited!" Peter says right after his mom is done explaining.

———

Peter closes the car door and walks towards the school doors before hearing a faint "peter". Peter looks behind him to see the boy he considered a friend "hi!" the boy happily says. "Hi Ned!" Peter says giving the same energy back and they continue the walking journey into the school with their winter boots trailing behind them with each step they take.

They went to their lockers which were right next to each other. Ned and Peter can't stop talking about the new star wars lego sets. "Oh Peter, did you hear they are releasing another star wars movie too?" Ned says closing his locker. "woahhhh! really?" Peter responds. Before they can finish their conversation they are already in their first class of the day.

"Correct Peter"

"Excellent Peter!"

"Great job to Peter on his quiz!"

"Very good Peter"

were some of the many compliments he had received today. He was already acing his classes left and right and it had only been a couple of weeks. Sometimes his teachers would even ask him for help, or Peter would correct them on things. Once, Peter corrected one of his teachers and the teacher got mad and sent him to the principal office and- well we'll find out more later perhaps.

Peter also had his eyes on someone, kind of crazy considering he was only in grade 5 but like we all crush on someone no matter what age. Her name was violet and she hard light brown hair with a tint of red and she has blue eyes. She was one of the popular girls, but she was nice.

With all of that Peter was also expecting a Christmas Trip to somewhere in Thailand. He was finally old enough to go with his parents and see them not so... tense. Let's just say Peter was very excited.

—————

"Pepper mind helping me over here" tony says with his hand inside his chest. Trying to get that one wire. Pepper approach's tony just see him in a chair partially laid back.

"Hold up your hands for a sec, hmmm ok very petite"

"Tony is that the thing is keeping you alive?" Pepper says as she watches Tony pick up his (now old) arc reactor and yank it out of his chest. "I'm fine just there's an exposed wire under this thing that is causing a shortage so all I need you to do is grab the wire and don't let it touch the socket wall"

"Ah, I don't think I'm qualified to do this" she hesitates. But after some convincing, she agrees to do it.

Pepper reaches in his chest and feels what she thinks is pus "ew is this pus?" Tony sighs and answers pepper " no it's inorganic plasmic discharge from the device my body isn't producing it-" pepper wrinkles her nose "it smells"

"Ok so make sure to not pull the magnet out that is at the end of the- you pulled it out" tony says in a normal voice.

Pepper attempts to put the magnet back in before tony raises his voice a little bit telling her not to. "You alright?" She questions.

"Oh yeah, just going into cardiac arrest because you yanked-" Tony says calmly before pepper interrupted him "I thought you said this was safe!" Tony ignores it and hands her the new and improved arc reactor "so all you are going to do is attach this to the base plate".

Pepper attaches it and tony screams "well that wasn't so hard was it?". Pepper calms immediately as she sees that tony is alright, "don't you ever make me do anything like that ever again, like ever ever again".

"But you are all I have" he says smiling at her. He jumps out of the chair and faces Pepper. "So, what do you want me to do with this?" She holds the old reactor in her hands.

"Burn it, disintegrate it, I don't care"

Tony walks over to his work table scolding his robot "what is this clean this up" and the robot droops in emotion. It always fascinated Pepper how Tony made his tech so, human-like.

She turns around with the old arc reactor and walks towards the exit of the lab. She had a plan about what she was going to with this piece of "ancient" technology.

———-

Pepper quickly grabbed the keys and went out to go get the arc reactor framed and get a few letters around it. Words that most people wouldn't believe, because they haven't seen the tony pepper has seen.

She first got a metal stand for it and got the words printed around the reactor. Then she took off to a glass place and picked up a frame cage looking thing.

She then drove to her office in the Stark Industries building and began assembling the project putting the glass over the stand and wrapping it with brown paper.

——-

[Next day]

Pepper puts the code in for Tony's lab and sets down the present and a cup of coffee on top of it. Tony is working on some project that he doesn't even notice Pepper has walked into the lab.

Pepper walks out and tony continues his project. He stops for a break looking for a tool when he see's the present sitting on a table but he decides to ignore it.

He continues his project for about 2 hours but then decides that he should open it. He gently lifts the cup of coffee off the top of it revealing the yellow sticky note "From Pepper".

Tony rips the wrapping paper and under it he see's a glass box with his old what he said was "ancient" technology with the letters...

Proof that Tony Stark has a heart.

—————————

Hey guys I'm not proud of this chapter but I'm almost at the time where I have lots planned and I should be writing more.

Recently my mental health hasn't been the greatest, but I'm working on it.

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 550+ READS IM ACTUALLY SCREAMING. I never thought in a million years I'd get this many reads!!

luv yall bestie's

- n<3