chapter 14

Tony's POV

the test results got back yesterday. Midtown Texh scored the best results out of every school in the district. This kid named Peter Parker won, 97% on the quiz.

He wasn't expecting for it to be that easy, not even the collage students that apply here can't even get a 97%. The kid was a walking google probably.

google? what the hell Tony you hate google.

Tony snaps out of his trance and runs upstairs and greets pepper in the kitchen. "new intern coming in tomorrow" tony picks up the StarkTablet and reads the news off it. Pepper looks at him and smiles "nice, hope it goes well" and leaves towards the door.

probably heading to the tower.

Tony steals a muffin and runs back down to his lab.  "Friday, what do I say to the kid?" Tony takes a pen from his desk and glided along his lab in his wheelie chair talking to a wall.

"Hi I am Tony Stark, here's what ya gotta do"

kid prob knows who i am.

" you know who I am, here's your work for today"

that sounds rude now that I've said it

"wassup kid, I'm Tony here's your work for today"

wassup? sound like a middle aged dad that wears those shorts.

"Ironman, yeah that's me get to work"

also rude. I give up.

Tony slides back over and starts planning ways to improve his suits.

——

Peter walks down the halls with a usual smile on his face accompanied by his best friend ned.

"don't the stark internship test results come back today?" Ned says once they've stopped at peter's locker. Peter looks at ned and nods, his smile growing bigger. "I'm so nervous" Peter takes a deep breath and closes his locker.

-
-
-

"good morning students" is heard on the intercom. Everyone quiets awaiting the results. "As we all know, there is one opportunity to be mr starks intern and you all took the test yesterday" the principal says carefully. Flash inpatients groans. "I'm going to get right to it. The person who will be joining Mr Stark in a couple days issssss....PETER PARKER" Mr Morita finishes.

Peter is shocked.

Smiling uncontrollably.

Everyone looks at Peter and gets up and gives him high fives and "congratulations". Ned is literally dancing around with the fact that his very own best friend will work along side Tony Fricking Stark.

Ms Williams walks up to Peter's desk and gives him a handshake before handing him a big envelope that says "CONFIDENTIAL" in big red letters.

The rest of the day flies by very quickly. Every minute Peter couldn't wait to open up the the envelope and see all the info and when he could start the internship.

Finally he could escape school and see. Peter walks home from school to his small apartment building and opens the door to his unit. He runs inside checking every room for aunt may until he finds her in her bedroom. He drags her into the living room and sits her down on the couch.

"Hello to you too, Peter" may says whipping her forehead with the back of her hand. "I was just cleaning up my b-"

"I have an internship with Tony Stark" Peter says smiling wide. May looks at him and gets up quickly and hugs him. "I'm so proud of you hun, this is everything your mom would've wanted".

Peter sits down beside may and opens up the envelope. There's a shirt and a bunch of papers. The shirt has a sticky note that tells Peter that he needs to wear the piece of merchandise when he comes in for his first day. The papers are just schedules, a map of the tower and a contact list.

Peter makes a bunch of contacts in his phone and texts mr stark asking for when he should come in.

Mr Stark

Peter: hi this is Peter Parker, I'm your new intern I was just wondering when you want me to come in to work. I look forward to working with you Mr. Stark and I hope you have an amazing day/night/evening (whenever you see this).

Mr. Stark: Hi Mr Parker, this is Mr Stark's A.I Friday. Pleased to meet you, you are scheduled to come in Tomorrow Afternoon at 4:30. Mr. Stark cannot wait to meet you!

-
-
-

Peter squeals excitingly and shows May his phone screen. May smiles at Peter and gets up to start dinner. But hesitates and turns back around "why don't we go out for dinner, let's celebrate".

Peter gets up and immediately starts putting on his worn in vans.  May comes out with her purse and semi nice shoes and they head out the door.

They enter the Thai restaurant they always go to celebrate (or if May decided to burn dinner).   They order, wait, get it, eat it, y'all know the drill.

May starts coughing, Peter assumes it's just his aunt coming down with the flu or something, the flu she's had for several weeks now.

wait. several weeks...?

"Hey May, you-" Peter looked up from his food and made eye contact with his aunt.

Bags under her eyes, cheek bones more noticeable, pale skin and in her hand she has a bloodied Kleenex.

"may, what happened- no what is happening" Peter gives May a concerned look and she just sits there "it's nothing Peter" she looks down. Peter looks back at her in slight annoyance "tell me the truth".

So May looks back up at her nephew and finally tells him everything.

Peter let a tear escape as the hidden truth came out. She had cancer all these years, and he had just found out now? What will happen when she...dies?

———————

made this at 3am so there might be a lot of mistakes.

1.9K READS THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

- n <3