chapter 15

It was now tomorrow afternoon. The farewell bell rang and everyone got up quickly scrambling there stuff into there arms and ran out the doors to their lockers. Today's the day.

He ran to the bathrooms slipping on the stark merchandise that was a dark navy blue. I wonder why I have to wear this??? He buttoned up his plaid and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

He walked out of the school, the cool breeze hitting his hair. He started walking towards the noticeable tower in town. I can't believe I'm going to work there!

He eventually makes it to the tower and opens the glass doors. He looks around at the lobby. It's so beautiful...Peter took a deep breath and walked towards the front desk. "Hi! I'm Peter Parker, I'm the new intern" he smiles. The lady perks her head up and slides a pass over to Peter. Peter thanks her and goes towards the elevator scanning his pass.

He walked into the elevator and smiled as the doors closed. "Peter Parker! I'm FRIDAY, I'm Mr Stark's A.I" Peter just stood there in shock not really knowing what to say back to the talking voice. He had obviously knew who FRIDAY was, didn't know what to say to her.

"uh hi..." Peter says shyly "I'm not sure what to do"

"I'm taking you up to the 40th floor where mr stark is" FRIDAY replies with what sounds like it would be delivered with a smile. The elevator goes up quickly reaching the 40th floor in about 10 seconds.

"just walk into the room and wait for mr stark, he shouldn't be to long" FRIDAY says before opening the doors.

Peter walks out of the elevator and takes in the view from the far window. He speed walks toward the window and looks down. You can almost see the whole city! Peter continues to take in the view before he is disrupted by a voice behind him.

"peter park-"

"OH MY GOD" peter jumps like 5 feet. His cheeks go red as soon as he sees who it is. Tony Stark. Tony Stark is right in front of him.

"hi...I'm peter"

"I know"

"oh"

"anyways wanna come with me?"

Peter nods and follows tony. He gives a tour of the lab then they work in silence.

It's almost time for Peter to go before they finally make some sort of conversation.

"sooo what do your parents do for a living?" Tony says confidently. Peter raises his head and curiously and then quickly looks down.

they're dead.

uh well I don't really have parents.

"Uh well my parents are you know the normal you know they are doctors?? yeah doctors" Peter shoots tony a quick smile.

"mhm I see kid" tony answers suspiciously.

"Oh! Would you look at that time for me to go" Peter gives an awkward smile before swinging his backpack on his back and approaching the door.

When he gets there he goes to push the door and it won't open. He awkwardly pushes the door in the very quiet lab before turning around slowly.

"Mr. Stark? Uh the door won't...open" Peter chuckles nervously. Tony walks over with a smirk.

" you pull kid" Tony opens the door easily with a smile on his face. Peter looks down at his shoes and shakes his head before taking a big well needed breath "Oh I'll remember next time! Thanks Mr Stark see you tomorrow" Peter speed walks out of the lab and into the elevator.

He leaves the elevator and goes straight out of the tower shaking his head. HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO EMBARRASSING IN FRONT OF THEE TONY STARK.

He walks to the bus stop replaying the whole work day in his head about a million of times before he finally makes it to the bus stop bench. He sits down and thinks of what he'll do tomorrow to try and make working not so awkward.

The bus comes and Peter gives the bus driver a quick hello before sitting down and putting his headphones in. He is instantly washed over with the anxiety of Aunt May's situation.

He is so worked up with everything that he almost misses his stop. He rings the stop bell a couple times before getting up and giving the bus driver a polite farewell.

He runs home and sprints up the stairs. He opens the apartment door quickly.

He walks in just to be greeted with Aunt May in the couch. Each one of her breaths are audible. She looks like she is just skin and bones.

"Peter, how...how was your day" Aunt May attempts to speak. Peter sits down next to her and rubs her back "May, i think you should go to the hospital. You are getting worse."

"Peter. They can't do anything I'm...I'm untreatable" His aunt brings her boney hand up to his cheek and strokes it. Peter let's a tear roll down his cheek. "May. They will help you feel painless while you...go".

"If we get to the hospital, they will take you away from me honey." Aunt May let's out a loud cough that makes Peter wince. "I think I'm going to head to sleep buddy" Aunt May spreads adjusts her pillows and Peter gets up.
He kisses her head and heads to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

He doesn't feel hungry anymore.

He brushes his teeth and takes a quick shower before briefly checking his body out in the mirror. It's been getting...sturdier since a field trip he had a while ago. He shrugs it off and gets his Pj's on and crawls into bed.

He pulls the covers over himself and closes his eyes.

Aunt May is going to die.

Do more for her.

Heal her.

Save her.

Just going to sit there and watch her die?

You don't deserve anything anymore.

You don't deserve that internship.

Tony Stark made a mistake hiring you.

You are nothing.

Peter cried himself to sleep. Just like many other nights before.

—————

HEY FRIENDS!!! I HAVENT UPDATED IN MONTHS BUT I HAVE SEEN THE SPARK OF ATTENTION MY BOOK HAS RECIEVED.

3.12K READS THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

IVE WATCHED SPIDER-MAN NWH TO AND I LOVED IT AND I HOPE YOU GUYS DID TOO! IF YOU HAVENT PLEASEEEE WATCH IT, IT IS AN AMAZING MOVIE <3

ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR WE MADE IT TO 2022!!!
-n