Chapter One: Temptation

I felt the soft brush of her finger tips against my skin. Her hands exploring my body from my hip bones to my wavy blonde hair. Her warm lips met my neck as I felt the slight nibble of her mouth against my collar bone. This was heaven, this was perfection, this was--

"MS.WITTBURG!" I heard someone call. I shot my head up quickly from my desk, as I glanced up at my history teacher, "I understand that the Civil War isn't the most interesting topic Heather, but I would appreciate if you would attempt to stay awake in my class." I looked down in embarrassment as I felt my face flush red, "Sorry Mr.Lindow." I mumbled.

After twenty addition minutes of the same pointless lecture the bell finally rang. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and ran out the door, eager to get home.

"Hey, hoe!" I heard someone call behind me. I turned back to see my best friend Rachael smiling back at me, "I heard you passed out in Lindow's class? Good luck passing that final." I rolled my eyes at her remark and shrugged, "I was screwed from the beginning anyways." She smirked at me and raised her eyebrows, "speaking of being screwed, how's the whole Jake thing going?" She asked me, referring to my current boyfriend.

Considering I was currently in an eight month relationship, and still hadn't lost my virginity, everyone was getting on my case.

"I don't know Rach, I'm not sure if he's the right guy for me." I answered, shrugging my shoulders.

Rachael scoffed and shook her head at me, turning around on her heels, "are you kidding Heather?! He's Jake Bunk. He's the right guy for any girl." I heard her call over her shoulder.

And that may be true Rachael.. But what if I don't want a boy.

As soon as I opened the door to my cozy beach home, I smelt the scent of fresh apple pie. "Please tell me that's what I think it is?" I called out to no one in particular.

"If you're hoping that it's my home-made apple pie, you're right!" I heard a familiar voice answer. Walking into the kitchen I finally saw her: my mom.

I ran to her and threw my arms around her, squeezing her tightly, "I missed you so much." I murmured. I felt her warm hands tousle my hair as she returned my embrace, "I was only gone for six days Heather." She replied, chuckling.

With my mom's demanding job as a fashion designer, she was rarely home. And considering this year I was finally seventeen, she assumed I was able to take care of myself and my fifteen year old brother while she was gone for business.

"That's not the point!" I said dramatically, "do you know what a pain Steven has been?!" I whined, referring to my little brother.

My mom grinned at me and placed a kiss on my forehead, "well, then I think that it was completely necessity that I brought you this.." She smiled, pulling a black and white Chanel bag out from under her arm.

"You didn't!" I screeched in excitement, rummaging through the bag.

My hands brushed through tissue paper, I felt the soft fabric of the clothing she'd bought me. A deep red dress appeared from the paper, as I held it out in front of me; it was perfection.

The soft stretchy material melted against my skin, as my finger tips traced the cut-outs on the sides of the dress. "Oh mother, it's perfect." I cooed.

"Well I knew you needed something for formal tomorrow, and I thought this would look amazing on you." She answered, tucking my hair behind my ear.

I beamed up at her and squeezed her shoulder, "it's perfect. Let me run it up to my closet."

I began my way up the stairs as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Reaching for it, I quickly scanned the screen, freezing as I read her name. Opening the message I saw the four words that no one ever wants to hear, "we need to talk."