Chapter Eight: Abandoned

"What on earth is going on here?!" She shrieked, her face turning red with anger. I looked at Anna on top of me, covering her bare chest. Her hair was in shambles and her makeup smudged; there was no way of getting out of this one.

I pulled the sheet over myself, covering my naked skin, "Anna, can you give my mom and I a second?

She nodded and pulled on her T-shirt, scurrying past my mom and out the door. "Well, are you going to explain to me what the hell that was?" She asked, staring me down.

I thought of all the possible excuses, my medicine was going to my head, I still felt the XTC in my system, we were wrestling? But no, this time is my chance to finally be myself, "Mom, I'm a lesbian." I said, staring straight at her.

Her mouth dropped open, she didn't say anything, just stared at me. After about five minutes she finally spoke, "no you're not." She said shaking her head.

I sigh and nodded, "mom, I like girls." "No, no, no, no, no. No you don't. It must be some phase." She mumbled, shaking her head. I got up from the bed, and tried to place my hand on her shoulder, "No heather, don't." She hissed, jerking away from me. "Mom," I whispered, tears coming to the corner of my eyes, "c'mon." I pleaded.

"No daughter of mine will be Gay." She hissed. I jerked back in shock; was she really saying this? I stood there taken aback; I had no clue what to say anymore. My own mother hated me because of who I was?

She shook her was at me and stormed out of the room, leaving me standing there alone. I stood there in my hospital gown, tears slowly rolling down my cheeks. I slowly slid to the ground, my back against the wall, and buried my face in my hands. I couldn't help but sit there and cry. I felt my hands become wet with tears, as I felt someone put an arm around me. Warm and comforting, I knew it was Anna. I leaned into her, allowing myself to continue to cry. She held me there for almost an hour, rubbing my back and kissing my shoulders, "it will all be okay Heather, I promise."

The Next Day:

I stepped out of the door of Anna's car on the passenger side. She had stayed with me that night and agreed to drop me off at my house. I walked to the front door, only to see my stuff packed in boxes by the door. I couldn't believe what I saw, was I being kicked out of my own home?

There was a note taped on the biggest box in front of me. I ripped it off the cardboard and unfolded it, "you can come back when you realize you're sinning and want to change" it read. I shook my head, years of anger springing to my eyes. I ripped up the paper furiously and thew the shreds on the ground. "FUCK YOU THEN!" I screamed, kicking the box in front of me, "FUCK YOU!" I felt Anna come up behind me, hugging me tightly and trying to sooth me, "shhhh, Heather, shhh." She whispered, wrapping her arms around me tighter. My tears were uncontrollable. I was losing everything, all because of who I was. "Anna, what am I going to do?" I cried, crumbling in her arms. She stroked my hair and kissed my cheek, "we'll figure something out. It'll be okay." But that's where she was wrong, nothing is okay anymore.